Sign in to follow this  
saadoon

ATC Panels problem in p3d v4.2

H all,

need help please, have upgraded to p3d v4.2, I tried to open ATC window by pressing scroll lock, the window comes up but cant click any selection on ATC window like nearest airport, contact tower etc.
appreciate if anyone can help.
many thanks and regards to all

Hello, I had the same issue and I did three things.  One of them fixed it, though I’m not sure which one.

1) deleted prepar3d.cfg and allowed a new one to rebuild

2) deleted shaders and allowed them to rebuild

3) deleted the default voicepack file which was reinstalled when I updated (I use a custom voice pack file).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi,

There is also a solution provided on prepar3d website/forum. I did also the following and it worked:

1. I made a backup of all cfg files from AppData/Roaming/Lockheed... and from C:\ProgramData/Lockheed;

2. I deleted the above cfg files and let P3D rebuild them;

3. I overwrote the files with the ones from the backup.

ATC now is working.

• Upvote 1

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

6 hours ago, dash8q400 flyer said:

Hi,

There is also a solution provided on prepar3d website/forum. I did also the following and it worked:

1. I made a backup of all cfg files from AppData/Roaming/Lockheed... and from C:\ProgramData/Lockheed;

2. I deleted the above cfg files and let P3D rebuild them;

3. I overwrote the files with the ones from the backup.

ATC now is working.

I am having this same problem.  I have done all of the above plus other suggestions and I cannot get ATC to work.  I can hear other aircraft and ATC but all of the options are greyed out no matter what I do.  Ugh!

Brandon

18 minutes ago, thetford569 said:

I am having this same problem.  I have done all of the above plus other suggestions and I cannot get ATC to work.  I can hear other aircraft and ATC but all of the options are greyed out no matter what I do.  Ugh!

Brandon

Ok, I actually quoted the wrong post and with these steps I was also able to fix the issue.  I deleted all of the cfg files from AppData/Roaming and ProgramData.  I started P3D and let them all rebuild.  I then restored all of the cfg files from the backups I had made of the files from 4.1.  The ATC issue is now fixed.  Thankfully I made a backup prior to installing 4.2.  Now that' 3 hours of my life and flying time I will never get back....

Brandon

Same problem here, but it showed up yesterday (2/17), several days after the upgrade to 4.2. Anyway, I had a backup P3D.cfg file from which I copied the [ATC] section and pasted it over the new .cfg file's [ATC] section. Nothing appeared to be different...but it worked. :huh:

Weird. Now to wait and see if it reappears.

Greg

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hi

I also have greyed ATC and have done all suggestions and I cannot get ATC to work.

I also deleted all files from Programdata and AppData and Shaders and after installing 4.2 Client/Content, restarting PC , then started P3D and let them all rebuild. When i put my (backup 4.1) scenery.cfg to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 then ATC again greyed and not active.

No one here says if others have also additional sceneryes in Scenery Library or only default scenerys?

8 hours ago, Chocorua said:

I had a backup P3D.cfg file from which I copied the [ATC] section and pasted it over the new .cfg file's [ATC] section. Nothing appeared to be different...but it worked. 

Same here. Thank you Chocorua.

GTX 1660 Ti

Yesterday I had faced the same issue once! All I have done was going in the menu (after loading a flight) and tick/untick the ATC Box 2 or 3 times (or more). I then quitted the sim and upon reloading it, ATC was again there....

I don't think it's a .CFG issue but rather an odd v4.2 bug....

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

regis9 / dash8q400 flyer  thanks for your help, I tried ball methods and atc works fine but after updating cfg file the atc stops so i deleted all cfg files and updated cfg one by one from back-ups, finally it was the scanery.cfg file, I have good few scenery add-ons and i had to activate them one at a time and at the end I found the problem scenery. it was working fine in p3d v4.1
thanks again all ok with atc.
best regards

anyone having problem with ATC window greyed out, check your add-one sceneries, I had the same problem but solved it, read my above post. thanks 

1 hour ago, saadoon said:

regis9 / dash8q400 flyer  thanks for your help, I tried ball methods and atc works fine but after updating cfg file the atc stops so i deleted all cfg files and updated cfg one by one from back-ups, finally it was the scanery.cfg file, I have good few scenery add-ons and i had to activate them one at a time and at the end I found the problem scenery. it was working fine in p3d v4.1
thanks again all ok with atc.
best regards

Interesting, what was the offending scenery?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Interesting, what was the offending scenery?

yes I'd like to know this too....might save some people a large amount of time.  I fixed the issue by copying the ATC section from my backup Prepar3d.cfg file.  However that doesn't mean it won't happen again I suppose....

Brandon

for me it was freeware OTBD scenery downloaded from www.flyingway.com, I think it was made for fs9 but someone converted it to fsx, I tried to convert the scenery to p3d using modelconverterx but keep getting error.

since I removed the scenery I didn't have problem with atc

Thanks...I did not have that one installed.

Dave