Sign in to follow this  
saadoon

ATC Panels problem in p3d v4.2

On 19/02/2018 at 1:10 AM, Chocorua said:

Same problem here, but it showed up yesterday (2/17), several days after the upgrade to 4.2. Anyway, I had a backup P3D.cfg file from which I copied the [ATC] section and pasted it over the new .cfg file's [ATC] section. Nothing appeared to be different...but it worked. :huh:

Weird. Now to wait and see if it reappears.

Greg

It was even more weird here. I had the ATC grayed options. I just open the Prepar3D.cfg, with the default notepad. Cut in the clipboard the [ATC] section, then immediately copy it back. Save Prepar3D.cfg. And the grayed option disapeared. ATC window is now working fine.

Thanks to all on this thread.

It's voodoo stuff ;)

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I experienced this a few times and I'm hoping someone can post in the LM forums. Maybe they can fix this bug in the next update. Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sadly the issue come back from time to time. I think it has to do with the new utf8 format of the cfg´s. Some addons maybe make entries and save the file in the "old" ascii format. By resave them or overwrite it, you can solve the problem. But thats just a suspicion...

I had the grey ATC box happen for the first time yesterday evening (02.24.2018), it was at MMMD, default scenery. All I did was exit P3Dv4.2 and then re-start it. ATC box worked fine after that.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I uninstalled the client and reinstalled. I doubt that this will fix it, but I have to try something to stop the grey ATC from coming back.

I don't want to have to go back to 4.1. It would require me to start from scratch.

1 hour ago, Humpix said:

Sadly the issue come back from time to time. I think it has to do with the new utf8 format of the cfg´s. Some addons maybe make entries and save the file in the "old" ascii format. By resave them or overwrite it, you can solve the problem. But thats just a suspicion...

I saw the grey ATC box out the box in v4.2, so it's highly unlikely.