Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Aircraft sounds stop

Have updated P3Dv4 to 4.2 and also the latest fix via the Ops centre. However when I load the aircraft to the scenery in cold & dark I can hear the default outside sound and some VC default background sound but shortly after all sound dies and cannot hear any sounds during start-up procedures, including engine sounds, etc. Should I reinstall all the PMDG aircraft and if so, are there full installers available for this 4.2 version?

thanks

Just to be thorough, have you tried pressing the "Q" key several times to see if the sounds came back?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

50 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Should I reinstall all the PMDG aircraft and if so

Nope. This should never be a consideration unless we specifically instruct you to. Predominantly, it's simply a waste of time, while also potentially complicating matters.

51 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

are there full installers available for this 4.2 version?

Nope.

51 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Have updated P3Dv4 to 4.2

Given this, my bet is that you don't have your sound devices properly set up in the sim, but if that's the case, you may want to check your default sound devices in Win, too.

People often forget that updating P3D also means you need to go back through and check that the settings haven't been altered.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Sounds are correctly set up in windows and P3D v4.2 - If I chose a PMDG 737 the sounds work OK but the front wheels don't respond and on the 747 all works except I get no sound. I guess this has something to do with the latest version of the sim. Had been thinking of a new clean reinstall of Windows and sim, so perhaps this is the right time to do it. Thanks for replying.

regards

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, ideoplastic said:

Sounds are correctly set up in windows and P3D v4.2 - If I chose a PMDG 737 the sounds work OK but the front wheels don't respond and on the 747 all works except I get no sound. I guess this has something to do with the latest version of the sim. Had been thinking of a new clean reinstall of Windows and sim, so perhaps this is the right time to do it. Thanks for replying.

Something's definitely up on your system. I never recommend reinstalls as a way to fix things, as the issues are usually relatively simple. What is the default aircraft in your sim? Can you post a screenshot of your sound settings?

Kyle Rodgers

Yesterday I wiped the HD and did a clean reinstall of the OS (Win7 64) and of P3D v4.2 then all the PMDG aircraft I have (737, 747 & 777) and all is now working perfectly. Not sure what the issue was but since I have full images of the OS with all latest updates it didn't take too long to rebuild and install P3D (all my sceneries bar Orbx are installed outside P3D folder on a separate drive). A fellow simmer did mention to me that the current version of FSUIPC was causing issues on v4.2 and suggested I revert to version 5.122, which I did on this rebuild. Thanks for the support.

regards