Sign in to follow this  
demarr55

Every aircraft sounds like prop plane

Did the upgrade from PR3D 4.1 to 4.2 and now every plane sounds more like a prop plane.  Load the piper cub and shut down the engine, then start FSLabs A320 but it sounds like the prop and doing same with PMDG aircraft as well.  Anybody have any clue why this is happening and maybe have a solution.

Appreciate any help

Bob Demarest

Knoxville, Tn

I am sorry about your problem and I hope you find the solution quickly.  Gotta admit though I got a chuckle out of imagining the takeoff sputter with the Queen of the Skies 

Eric Anderson

I had this last week and it appears it may be from the default airfield vehicles setting - I can't remember what the proper term is offhand. I turned the slider (in the Traffic setting) to zero and they went away.

Rob Jones.

It is probably the infamous "ghost propeller" sound. I think it is caused by some ground airport vehicle. Turn off airport ground traffic and the sound is gone.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Rob

It was indeed the default airfield vehicles settings.  I had never turned it on before but decided to give it a try, wow, surprise surprise.  It is now off and will remain so.

Thank you for help.

Bob Demarest

As a work around, you can also try to deactivate these two  files:

xai_singleprop01.wav   &    ai_singleprop01.wav

in Your Drive and Path:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\sound\

Then the prop sound should be gone. It is most probably a airfield vehicle that uses these sounds.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hello,

I found that almost all ground vehicles use aisound from FuelTruck vehicle folder. Sound.cfg for ground vehicles is as follow:

[fltsim]
alias=FuelTruck\soundai

Problem is that is no vehicle FuelTruck in P3D4/SimObjects/GroundVehicles folder. I have copied FuelTruck from P3Dv2.5 (same is in FSX) and strange sound in airports disappeared. Now is possible edit vehicle sound to. Is it bug, or I lost FuelTruck in my installation?

Sorry for my English but I hope that it help.

Marek

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

The Fuel Trucks, Tugs and other vehicles appear to be using the ai_singleprop01.wav file in the P3D/Sounds folder.  I guess this is why it sounds like a prop aircraft all the time.  I also checked the soundai folders and was unable to find a "FuelTruck" vehicle that the sound.ini files are all pointing to.  I simply renamed the extension of this file to .OFF and the sound disappeared. 

The problem as we know is one of these vehicles can be sitting hundreds of yards away on the ramp and you still hear the sound like it's outside your aircraft.  Renaming this to OFF made the sound go away however I don't know if there are any other side effects of doing this.  If you use default P3D AI Aircraft then I suppose you might lose prop sounds on those.  I use add-on ai aircraft and have actually added my own sounds so that's not an issue for me.

Also after updating to P3Dv4.2 I noticed there are now ambulances roaming the airfield.  When one came next to me yesterday it starting playing a siren sound which kept looping even with the ambulance was far away.  It also was way too loud and did not decrease with distance just like the prop sound above.  The filename for that sound is 10Police_Siren.wav and I also changed it's extension to .OFF to keep it from playing.

Brandon