Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

Haze effect "patched block not found"

Hello all,

Just upgraded to PTA v2.61 and P3D v4.2 (Client and Scenery installers).  Haven't changed anything in my presets but now am seeing a "ERROR applying tweak [Haze effect]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found." message when trying to apply them.

Parameters for Haze effect are:

Effect power: 1.03

Density factor: 0.00000000030

Red: 1.04

Green: 1.00

Blue: 1.01

Changing the values doesn't really seem to have an effect on the error.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I found that there sometimes is a conflict between the shaders in the back up, the shaders in p3d and what PTA thinks should be where. Sometimes re creating a back up works. :) / deleting config.

Or re installing client

Victor Roos

Hello all,

i have made a clean install of P3dv4 and run PTA. I get the following errors shown after applying the preset:

Applying preset C:\Users\kaminho\Desktop\pta_2.61\MattDavies1.3.ini...
   Applying [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds shadows extended size] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds shadows extended size]  Problem with patch #0 - Patched block not found.
   Applying ["No popcorn" modifier] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak ["No popcorn" modifier]  Problem with patch #0 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [Turn off clouds directional lighting] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Turn off clouds directional lighting]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [Clouds Fog tuning] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Cirrus lighting] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
   Applying [Objects lighting] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
   Applying [Autogen emissive lighting] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
   Applying [Sky saturation] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
   Applying [Terrain lighting] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Urban areas lighting at night] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Terrain saturation] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Water surface tuning] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Waves size] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Rayleigh scattering effect] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Rayleigh scattering effect]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [Sky Fog tuning] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Sky Fog tuning]  Problem with patch #2 - Patched block not found.
   Applying [Waves speed] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh
   Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to F:\Prepar3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

I´ve tried to reinstall client, delete backup folders of the shaders but no luck. Did i something wrong? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Kamenko Gnjatovic 

i7 6700k @ 4Ghz -- 16GB RAM -- 500GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD + 3 x 256GB Samsung Pro SSD´s -- Gainward GeForce GTX1080 "GLH" 8GB GPU -- 2 x 27" BenQ Monitor WQHD -- be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 CPU-Cooler -- 1000W - Corsair RM Series 

in a Coolermaster - CM Storm Trooper

Delete the PTA shader backup folder

Uninstall PTA

Uninstall P3Dv4.2 client

Reinstall P3Dv4.2 client

Reinstall PTA

Enjoy 

Note : use PTA 2.62 compatible presets

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.