Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Leonardo Mad Dog for 64 bit

The Leonardo Mad Dog is out for 64 bit P3d!

Haven't got it myself, but don't forget that MCE already supports it!

A recent You Tube video (that English Chap who lives in America)  failed to mention MCE and only referred to the competitors version, which of course will cost you an extra wallop of cash!! The Mad Dog is expensive enough without splashing extra money on it for voice control?

The advertisements say it has "True Glass" and that fancy cockpit lighting from the 717, along with every system modelled, so it looks very tasty for the Mad Dog fans!

As for myself, I am still infected by the Superbug...:laugh:

Happy simming!

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

14 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

The Leonardo Mad Dog is out for 64 bit P3d!

Haven't got it myself, but don't forget that MCE already supports it!

A recent You Tube video (that English Chap who lives in America)  failed to mention MCE and only referred to the competitors version, which of course will cost you an extra wallop of cash!! The Mad Dog is expensive enough without splashing extra money on it for voice control?

The advertisements say it has "True Glass" and that fancy cockpit lighting from the 717, along with every system modelled, so it looks very tasty for the Mad Dog fans!

Happy simming!

didnt  know  its been  released  thought its  was  going  to be released  on the  20th

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

didnt  know  its been  released  thought its  was  going  to be released  on the  20th

Not yet.

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

It is not released. Can @charlie130 tell us where he saw that?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Must be it then :tongue:

Expected to be released this week.

And yes, already supporting it in 32 Bit. It will be supported in 64 Bit via a free update.

And of course, to extreme details. Very close to "shared cockpit".

[media] 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Must be it then :tongue:

Expected to be released this week.

And yes, already supporting it in 32 Bit. It will be supported in 64 Bit via a free update.

And of course, to extreme details. Very close to "shared cockpit".

[media] 

Yes thought so. We get the Mad Dog update free!

Sorry if I mis led some of you guys. I was watching that English Chap who lives in Florida spout on about how great the FS " too great to mention" crew will be for the Mad Dog and misheard the rest of his diatribe ...:blink: The fact he ignored a British company who already support the aircraft sent me into a spin...and sent me reaching for the fire button so I could launch a Fox Three at him!:laugh:

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Anyone using Maddog in P3D V4?

You mean 4.0? I think that works only in 4.1 and 4.2

2 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

You mean 4.0? I think that works only in 4.1 and 4.2

Sorry for the confusion. I meant feedback from MCE users with regards support for this aircraft under P3D V.1 or higher.

1 hour ago, delfin8896 said:

I would like to see MCE support for p3d v4.2.

Thanks in advance

Detlef

It will be supported.

Not sure whether any work is required at all.

Fo only cares about switches, not the overall improvements to aircraft model, texturing or gauges inner workings.

The 64 bit dll that should handle it is already available in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder. The "mcmaddog.dll"

If you already have the aircraft, need to make sure the aircraft identifier strings are the same.

In "Aircraft.cfg" file, look under [fltsim.X] sections.

[fltsim.X]

sim=what_name_is_found_here   (expected "MD-82")

ui_manufacturer=what_name_is_found_here   (expected "Leonardo" or "MADDOG")

Thanks

Hello Gerald,

this is not working as expected, the FO in MCE is doing a lot with the buttons in the Maddog cockpit, but nothing very useful.

Detlef

Detlef Fenske

48 minutes ago, delfin8896 said:

Hello Gerald,

this is not working as expected, the FO in MCE is doing a lot with the buttons in the Maddog cockpit, but nothing very useful.

Detlef

OK, will have to acquire a copy and make the necessary adjustments.

Meanwhile, to make sure MCE is seeing the aircraft as the already supported one in FSX, could you post the [fltsim.X] in "Aircraft.cfg"? Just that section.

Thanks

The unmodified Aircraft.cfg section:

[fltsim.0]
title=Fly The Maddog X MD-82
sim=md-82
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=MDG
kb_checklists=md-82_check
kb_reference=md-82_ref
atc_id=N501MD