Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Carenado Fokker 50 - Anyone?

Hi,

Carenado just release their Fokker 50.
The Fokker 50 is one of my all time favorites (together with the Fokker 70 and MD80)

The textures not surprisingly look great, but it is Carenado... Before I fork out $45, I would like to know the quality of the flight model and system modelling.
Any early adapters, thrill seekers?

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It’s Carenado, so it’ll be the same as every release: limited systems simulation and lots of bugs. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It’s Carenado, so it’ll be the same as every release: limited systems simulation and lots of bugs. 

What kind of bugs it has?

That's default answer on Avsim when you mention Carenado:

"Limited systems simulation and lots of bugs."

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, kiki said:

What kind of bugs it has?

Well first of all I am sure is does not install into Prepar3d as outlined by Lockheed Martin. That alone is enough  to just skip it. Second If years of history are to be believed then it has the normal "carenado bugs" which are well covered in their so called forum here on this site. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Can you blame those who wish to know more about this particular model not finding nonsesense comments like "carenado sux" to be of no help what so ever? I want to know how it handles, if the fmc works and so on...that's all I'm looking for, as I'm sure the OP also did. We are not interested in what other people 'think it may be' we want to know what people who actually has tried it has to say.

• Upvote 5

My advice is to wait for proper reviews. We've been biten way too many times in the past by their products.

• Upvote 3

Santiago de Larminat

I'll wait for the XPlane version. I fly Carenado for most of my GA trips in pilotedge in xplane. Less issues for me but I will definitely buy this. One of my favorite AC. Had the Justplanes  KLM video featuring this and been a fan of it ever since. Yea Carenado has bugs but no issue for me in XPlane. Definitely not Majestic quality. But this looks like good eye candy likr most carenado ac do.

:P Timothy Murphy

Just took a short flight (KMGY to KCVG), without even reading any of the docs. First impressions:

It taxis well, better than most turboprops in FSX

Frame rates on my system are very good (I flew the light version)

GTN 750 installs ok, but you probably will need to use the "pop up" (Shift 9)

Seems to hand fly quite well, seems to have a heavier feel than a Kingair

The FMC is labeled "Universal". Interesting it can be turned on and programmed even with the GTN750 installed.

I like the sound of the engines, but have no idea what a F50 should sound like.

• Upvote 3

Dale

3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

The textures not surprisingly look great, but it is Carenado... Before I fork out $45

You answered your own question.  If it were 20$, more will be willing to try, but 45$? Forget ti.  But then again the Carenada business model to turn out sausages by the dozen seems to work well for their bottom line since they keep finding more people with junk food appetite.  May be they will surprise us all with this one, but I would not hold my breath.  Even the XP line now start to degrade.  If you want to get eye candies, willing to fork our 45$ for some quick snacks and then for get all about it then go right ahead.:anonymose:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

2 hours ago, tanker said:

GTN 750 installs ok, but you probably will need to use the "pop up" (Shift 9)

Thanks for actually doing a legitimate review. I was worried we'd get to a dozen posts before someone commenting actually had owned the product. Where is the GTN installed? It's not in any of the promo photos.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, softreset said:

Where is the GTN installed? It's not in any of the promo photos.

I second that question...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On my brief flight, I did not find the GTN 750 anywhere in the VC. Shift 9 brings up a 2d image. The autopilot did follow the GTN flight path.

Also - the passenger views on the light version are incomplete. Ok on the regular version.

I will try to take a more comprehensive flight tomorrow.

Dale

My (sort of silly) question is - does it come with any "N-registration" liveries for us USA-based fliers?

Kind of a rare beast in the states compared to the F27?

Thanks,

Steve