Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Carenado Fokker 50 - Anyone?

He

16 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Trying to find this on You Tube but I can't! The only thing that comes up on searching for their Fokker 50 is their promotional video from a month ago and the Vatsim video posted on this thread earlier. Would it be possible to provide a link to it?

Bill

• Upvote 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

What other vendor can I buy ther Foller 50 from, Guys.  Carenado site won't let me.

:huh:

Capt. Robert Rixx

I notice Carenado usually keep sales of new products to themselves for the first few weeks so I suspect you might have a little time to wait before it goes out to other vendors 😕.

• Upvote 1

Had a brief visual circuits havent tried out the FMS as i have not read the manuals clearly but the plane could fly greatly amid take off config warning haha. Great plane to fly if one didn't nitpick on small stuffs like APU options etc but who cares. That lovely engine roar when u switch engine management to GA on approach is what i always hear when i flew on MASWings Fokker 50 in borneo,Malaysia which is splendid. Overall would recommend a buy if one has the budget for 45 dollars and loved the fokkers.

On 2/21/2018 at 0:33 AM, Torsen said:

Afaik APU was only an option on the later produced ones and could be retrofitted as some other gimmicks according to the web sources. So looks like Carenado did not include it and rendered an unchanged earlier version.

Cheers
T.

Yea just found out after asking some of my deck friends who used to fly the fokker 50 in Malaysia. Apparently Malaysia Airlines group ordered the fokkers with APU installed as GPU and aircon cart is not always available in the stations they deploy the planes to and the tropic weather in the equator is freaking hot on ground for the passengers so the APU helps with minor air conditioning, even the inbuilt battery is sufficient to power the cockpit for the 20minute turnaround. Nowadays even the ATR72 Hotel mode the air coming out the vents is freaking hot and hazard to baggage handler that they just hardly use it. Good old days of turboprop flying.

Regards.

The Apu is in the starboard nacelle situated. Therefore that nacelle is longer than the left side nacelle. May be Carenado can put an Apu in this eyecandy F50 or much nicer it will be wheb they could make the starboard nacelle a littelonger with the Apu in it with it's exhaust.

Regards and Happy Fokker Flying,

leodirk

Edited by leodirk

anybody else have the blades continue to spin. when you set it to "Cold & Dark" ?

Capt. Robert Rixx

also what is the software that is uses where you can walk around the passenger cabin and different angles of the plane?

Capt. Robert Rixx

fun little plane! great for short, easy hops. exactly what I was looking for. up in the air nice and quick.

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, FireRx said:

also what is the software that is uses where you can walk around the passenger cabin and different angles of the plane?

EzDok?

Hi,

a pity that such plane does not come with good and realistic functionaility. I would then spend the money or even more. Has anyone thought about an integration of the IGSSIM FMS that are available even for P3Dv4? Maybe it is even possible to display the flight path in the nav display in the VC without awful 2D pop-ups?This is just a thought.

What about a TCAS?

Best regards,

Axel

This thread has been a good read. I've watched a couple of videos, both of Carenado's making (their tutorials) as well as some flights by the same guy that did the "Release flight" video. It's been a while now since release and I noticed since then a v1.1 was released to fix some issues.

Essentially, I'd like to know what people think of this plane in its current condition? The price has made me sit on the fence for a while now, since 45$ is not particularly cheap... Given that I'd also like to get the TFDi 717 and QW787 when they hit 1.0 for P3Dv4, and the CS757 when it gets to 1.1, and money is limited, I need to set some priorities. I do have the Majestic Dash 8, though frankly have not flown it very much as yet. Keeping in mind that I have the Dash8, and that these planes fulfill similar roles, how worthwhile is it to get the F50? I'm mostly asking from a  functionality standpoint. Aforementioned videos make me think it's a lot more functional than any default or Justflight F-lite addon, but any comparison with such addons from somebody actually owning it would be great!

Perhaps worthwhile to add is that I enjoy a realistically simulated aircraft that is relatively easy to grasp and fly. The PMDG 737 is my gold standard for that right now. Its simulation is great, but there's nothing stopping you from setting up the cockpit and taking off within 15-20 minutes. This is typically what I'm looking for. More or less on the other side of the spectrum is the MaddogX, which I adore, but requires much more remembering what to do and when to do it. The detail is sometimes a little daunting for me, causing me to fly it less than the PMDG 737.

I might as well add that I have a somewhat nostalgic connection to this model, being Dutch. I recently noticed that flyVLM is back in business and flying this model on several hops in Europe, which is what I'd primarily use it for if I bought it.

Edited by Benjamin J

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case