Sign in to follow this  

UTL crashing on P3D startup

Hello,

I got Ultimate Traffic Live about 5 months ago and it has been working fine ever since. But lately I've been receiving problems with it in the form of a crash during a P3D v4.2 startup, P3D works and starts fine but the UTL loading screen crashes. I looked at the event viewer and it said that the faulting module was kernelbase.dll. I started P3D again with the same error message, and then headed for my task manager to end the UTL processes and restart my sim, but this still did not work. Any thoughts? Should I reinstall UTL? As a side note that may be of importance, I am not at the latest update and I don't really know how exactly to update this program. I need this fixed in order to fly on vatsim again, which is where I do the vast majority of my flying.

35 minutes ago, seaniez said:

Hello,

I got Ultimate Traffic Live about 5 months ago and it has been working fine ever since. But lately I've been receiving problems with it in the form of a crash during a P3D v4.2 startup, P3D works and starts fine but the UTL loading screen crashes. I looked at the event viewer and it said that the faulting module was kernelbase.dll. I started P3D again with the same error message, and then headed for my task manager to end the UTL processes and restart my sim, but this still did not work. Any thoughts? Should I reinstall UTL? As a side note that may be of importance, I am not at the latest update and I don't really know how exactly to update this program. I need this fixed in order to fly on vatsim again, which is where I do the vast majority of my flying.

Have you added any custom repaints to UTL recenlty? if you did check if these have some weird characters on the AI Title inside the Aircraft.cfg file, when this happens XML parsers cannot handled it correctly and it causes system crashes.

Regards,
S.

54 minutes ago, simbol said:

Have you added any custom repaints to UTL recenlty? if you did check if these have some weird characters on the AI Title inside the Aircraft.cfg file, when this happens XML parsers cannot handled it correctly and it causes system crashes.

Regards,
S.

I did not touch any files within UTL because, in my experience, ai models in P3D have always been a weak point causing a lot of CTDs. This problem began to occur after P3D v4.2, but it still worked after the update somewhat, later becoming the full problem it is now.

Ok, try to re-install all the SimConnect clients that are inside X:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\SimConnect 

Just Avoid the Russian and Japanese version.

Regards,

S.