Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

C402 AP alt pitch

I'm trying to add a switch to change the pitch when changing altitude with the AP on.  I can't find anything in fsuipc.  And I've looked at all the cab files and can't find anything to do with ap pitch.  Any one know what the code is for the pitch?

John K

2 hours ago, johnk51 said:

I'm trying to add a switch to change the pitch when changing altitude with the AP on.  I can't find anything in fsuipc.  And I've looked at all the cab files and can't find anything to do with ap pitch.  Any one know what the code is for the pitch?

Hello John,

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do with an 'AP pitch' switch. I have not flown the C402, but to change altitude with the AP I would think you could enter the new altitude, turn on ALT Hold, and then rotate the Vertical Speed wheel located below the throttles to set the VS you wanted to use to reach the new altitude. If while changing altitudes you wanted to increase or decrease the rate of climb or descent, readjusting the VS wheel accordingly should do that.

Al

FSX AP engages pitch mode with (>K:SYNC_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCH).  I know it says flight director but with the AP engaged it follows the flight director, right?  You can also use (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON) but that also engages the wing leveller.  You can then change the aircraft pitch with (>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP) and (>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_DN) .  

I'll give that a try.  Since the scroll wheel is on the pedestal, I don't want to have to pan down to change it, and not able to look out side.

I tried to use the ap pitch ref inc up and down, but it didn't work.  Still had to use the pitch wheel to change pitch.

John K

6 hours ago, johnk51 said:

I'll give that a try.  Since the scroll wheel is on the pedestal, I don't want to have to pan down to change it, and not able to look out side.

I tried to use the ap pitch ref inc up and down, but it didn't work.  Still had to use the pitch wheel to change pitch.

John,

I'm not sure to which post your comments above are responding too, but here's something else you can do which doesn't require you to look down at the VS wheel.

Using FSUIPC you can assign a key (or key combination) of your choice to increment or decrement the AP VS value as shown below. This works -- I tried it.

Here, each key push (or key repeat) increments the VS by 100ft/min. You may want to check the No repeats! box because if can repeat pretty quickly.

26c0857268.JPG

And this to decrease the AP VS by 100ft/min per key activation.

6bed444cd5.JPG

Al

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:51 AM, johnk51 said:

That did the trick.  Thanks

I've posted a new topic re a new update.

bob