Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

CTD with no errors logged in P3D 4.2

I updated to P3Dv 4.2 and I have now had 3 CTD at different times.  This never happened to me with 4.1.  Anyway once the crash occurred while taxiing out.   The others were after takeoff and the latest was when I was about 10 mins out of my destination!  How frustrating!  

These crashes involve the sim freezing while the little blue Windows circle appears for several seconds.  Then the sim closes to desktop with no warnings or any error boxes.  When I look at event viewer there is no error logged to look at.  I can’t even begin to figure out what the cause is!  Any suggestions would be appreciated before I go the route of a re-install.

Brandon

What airport?  What aircraft?  Overclocked?  If an addon is not properly installed, this will occur.  It's because it is looking for the registration and cannot find it.  FSUIPC will do this if not compatible with your current version.  MyTrafficX will do it if you have military aircraft in the area.  It will not happen with high settings unless your computer is not very powerful.  A low powered power supply unit will do this too if it does not have the resources to run P3D.  There are many causes so you need to investigate.  Try checking out the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).  Page 10 provides suggestions for investigating the cause of your crash(es).  If you are using the Lorby_Si Add-on Manager for your addons, you will need to disable all of those addons too by double-clicking and turning the color to red.  If any of the Add-on.xml's is not encoded properly, you may see a crash w/o explanation.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well the first time it happened at KAFW using scenery that I developed and has worked fine.  It crashed twice during taxi.  Then I flew from KAFW to Orbx KTEX and it crashed while I was descending into the airport around 17,000 ft.  It worked just fine all the way through the flight to that point and I thought it would be ok.  I was using the Carenado CJ2.

I am using the older version of FSUIPC that everyone else is reporting works and they are using however I have been wondering if that’s the problem.  Other people are having unexplained crashes too and the latest FSUIPC causes stutters in 4.2 which is why everyone is using the older 5.22 I think?  Until Pete updates the module I won’t be able to tell if that’s the case.  But it’s the only thing that I have not truly updated for 4.2.

Brandon

11 hours ago, thetford569 said:

Other people are having unexplained crashes too and the latest FSUIPC causes stutters in 4.2 which is why everyone is using the older 5.22 I think?

I recently upgraded to 5.22c and so far have not had any problems or stutters.  In fact, I have turned up my setting dramatically.  The Carenado CMeteo.dll has caused unexplained crashes.  Maybe the following link will help you: 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I recently upgraded to 5.22c and so far have not had any problems or stutters.  In fact, I have turned up my setting dramatically.  The Carenado CMeteo.dll has caused unexplained crashes.  Maybe the following link will help you: 

I read through that post before however I never changed those entries to begin with so I don’t see how that could be my issue.  The post says that was bad advice to change them and I didn’t so I should be ok?

Pete has released a 5.22e beta version of FSUIPC that is compatible with 4.2.  His earlier versions apparently were tried with the 4.2 beta but there were some changes between them and release.  Anyway I am using 5.22e now and so far so good.  I will know in about 20 minutes when I start my descent and see if I can complete the flight that crashed the last time I flew it.  Crossing my fingers......

Brandon

1 hour ago, thetford569 said:

I read through that post before however I never changed those entries to begin with so I don’t see how that could be my issue.  The post says that was bad advice to change them and I didn’t so I should be ok?

Pete has released a 5.22e beta version of FSUIPC that is compatible with 4.2.  His earlier versions apparently were tried with the 4.2 beta but there were some changes between them and release.  Anyway I am using 5.22e now and so far so good.  I will know in about 20 minutes when I start my descent and see if I can complete the flight that crashed the last time I flew it.  Crossing my fingers......

Brandon

Completed my KAFW to TEX flight with no issues.  Now onto leg #2.  KTEX-KSJC.  The only change I made was installing the beta FSUIPC 5.22e

Brandon