Sign in to follow this  
Tubthumper

747 QOTSII EULA Error for P3D

I purchased the 747 QOTSII for P3D, my order number is 416563. I tried to use the "Contact Us" link on your website to talk to you about it but it's been 2 weeks and I haven't received a reply.

While reading the EULA I found in the legal jargon which is the part that will hold up in court that the software is exclusively for FSX even though I purchased the P3D version. Therefore, every person who has purchased the P3D version of the 747 QOTSII is violating the EULA by installing the software into P3D.

This is what I found and copied and pasted here: "b)    This software is for use only with the retail version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  You may not use this software on any platform other than Microsoft Flight Simulator X."

It's obvious that you copied and edited the 777-200LR/F EULA for the FSX version because the heading has been changed but not the legal portion of the document. I also found this: "p)    You may not use any part, file or artwork included as part of the PMDG 777-200LR/F in a product created for use with this or any other product without the specific, written permission of PMDG Simulations, LLC. This includes using the documentation, manuals, art files, liveries, paint kits or any other media included as part of this product."

I want to honor our EULA agreement but in order for me to do that you need to make it right.

In accordance with the last line of this and all your other EULA's, I'm asking for written authorization to use my 747 QOTSII in the platform that I purchased it for, P3D. I'll accept a reply to this forum thread or you can email me.

I suggest that you fix this error and add it into your next update.

Thank you for your time and attention regarding this matter.

Marcus Brown

• Upvote 1

Hi,

the best way to contact PMDG is to submit a ticket there:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com

If it is your first time, you have to create an account that is different than the one used for the purchase.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

5 hours ago, Tubthumper said:

I'll accept a reply to this forum thread or you can email me.

support.precisonmanuals.com, please.

Kyle Rodgers

48 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

support.precisonmanuals.com, please.

6 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

the best way to contact PMDG is to submit a ticket there:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com

If it is your first time, you have to create an account that is different than the one used for the purchase.

Thank you. Ticket submitted.

Thanks Marcus! I was going to be in for a fitful nights sleep over this EULA issue but I am so relieved reading it's been fixed, a sound sleep I shall have now! And thank's to Kyle for popping in when he did for Marcus "Tubthumper" Brown and providing that email address so that this high level issue could be addressed. Just all around splendid work lads!

Eric 

Now everybody has to delete absolutely every file that came with previous installations and redownload and reinstall the aircraft to comply with the eula. Is there a trollface smiley? :anonymose:

9 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Who doesn't.

I dont.  Not referring to PMDG, but more generally some software EULAs are not legal nor enforcable, one can say whatever they want in an eula, doesn' mean it would stand up to legal challenge.  So, no I didn't read it this one.

spacer.png