Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

Flythemaddog is released.

1 hour ago, Kevin_28 said:

Thanks RichieFly! Yea I figured that it depends on MTOW. I actually have never started cold and dark, and just had it load up in the ready to fly scenario, so I just assumed it would be close to MTOW. I could be wrong though. But it inching forward even on parking brake is a bit odd to me.

I just wrote a long, thoughtful reply and this site bombed and it's all gone. lol

I missed the detail about moving with the brake on. No, that's not right.

Double-check your controller calibration.

I'll post my idle EPR value at a given airfield and temperature. You could compare yours with that as a check to see if idle is idle for you.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yea I noticed the site has been a bit slow today. I'll tinker with it a bit more when I get home tonight. Thanks again Richie. Yea if you can provide me with the EPR value when at Edwards AFB with only  clear weather that should be good. I know I tried hitting F1 to bring the throttles all the way back to idle, but it might still conflict with the calibration. We'll see.

Kev,

OK. Here's what I get at Edwards at idle:

1.025 EPR

Good luck!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Weak sound is a turn off for me. I think the sound is one of the most important immersion aspect to me. If a good plane has weak sound with changing pitch or other things like this, I just don't fly it, period. Will wait until the sounds get better.

MIke

• Upvote 5

Has anyone tried the TSS MD-80 family HD sound pack on this release yet?

I spent a few hours testing performance last night. NGX is my “standard” aircraft, compared to that I got slightly better frames in the Maddog. More importantly to me, frame rate is more consistent, NGX fluctuates a moderate amount (PMDG 747 is better in this regard, the Q400 is near perfect and the original v4 FSL A320 was the worst!)

dynamic lights and true glass may change this situation, I made my assessment when neither was in play. I did fly through some rain later on - enjoyed the true glass effect, but it seemed to cost a couple of frames. 

If you can fly the NGX on your system, you’ll be at least equally happy with performance with the Maddog. Well done, Leonardo.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

After some more flying...

My opinion is the RotateSim MD-80 has the upper-hand as of now. The sounds are much better. The engine dynamics are much better. The exterior model is much better. Systems-wise, it is hard to pick a winner. Both seem good.

I really like the Maddog's touches here and there. Calling the ground crew is fun. The PNF call-outs are very nice too. I still favor the Maddog's VC and lighting. I don't know enough about the flight model of a MD-80 to know the difference. They are certainly comparable to each other. I couldn't tell any difference in taxiing or flying. 

They're both very good and it's great to have a MD-80 in P3D.

For the initial release, I think Leonardo's done a great job. I have no regrets in buying the Maddog X.

Now, back to ground school. The autopilot confuses the heck out of me.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Yes we needs sounds.

I turned my engines noise level up to max in P3D that helped.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I’d also be interested in this.  I checked out their preview video last night and it didn’t completely impress me but it can be hard to tell from a youtube video sometimes

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I think I'll give TSS a shout to see if either:

• It works out of the box.
  • If not, are they updating the sound pack?

18 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I think I'll give TSS a shout to see if either:

• It works out of the box.
  • If not, are they updating the sound pack?

Problem with TSS is that their focus is external sounds.  The internal blend of air /engine noise at different speeds doesn't work as well as internal sounds which are engineered to do just that.

• Upvote 1

TSS has a post on FB from a few days ago that indicates they are working on a new MD-8X HD sound pack.

20 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

TSS has a post on FB from a few days ago that indicates they are working on a new MD-8X HD sound pack.

Pardon the pun, That sounds great.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Great news! There newer pilot edition sound packages are excellent.

Matt Wilson

14 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Kev,

OK. Here's what I get at Edwards at idle:

1.025 EPR

Good luck!

Yup that's what I get on the left and 1.03 on the right.