Sign in to follow this  
musky2014

LVARS, Events & Tutorial Flight

Hello,

Really like the look of this add-on but have a couple of pre-purchase questions.

I have a few GoFlight Modules and I do not go for any add-on aircraft that I cannot use my GoFlight modules with and  as I have seen no mention of compatibility with goflight  modules I presume it is not.

Therefore my  question is are the LVARS & Events available to allow the creation of lua scripts. I myself use an GoFlight interface tool that can detect an lvar being set and/or an event being triggered and with this tool I can quickly program e.g. a toggle switch on a goflight module to set an lvar and fire an event. However some add-on aircraft have hidden lvars and events and therefore you cannot use this tool to drive goflight modules. If all the lvars and events are visible is there a document available that list them this of course makes it even quicker to set up goflight modules.

Also does this come with a PDF tutorial flight, I know there are a number of tutorial videos and I have watched many of them, but IMHO nothing beats going through a printed document of all the key steps of a typical flight for your own first flight with a new aircraft especially one as complicated as this aircraft.

Thanks in advance   

It is not compatible yet with GoFlight modules but we are planning to make it compatible in the future. I can't give you a time frame, until this first release is stable and we can draw a roadmap towards Service Pack 1.
Depending on customers demand we will decide on the priorities.

Also, LVARS & Events are not available yet to allow you the creation of lua scripts, sorry. This might change in the future as the aforementioned.

With regards to paper tutorial: it was a point of discussion and we decided to rely only on videos for tutorials.

The main reason is: the aircraft is fairly complex to fly, we added an expanded Normal Procedure chapter in the documents which pretty much explains all steps to fly from A to B (as a tutorial does). We did not see the point of making a tutorial pdf which would end up being a repetition of that.
There are plenty of sources available online including the whole real CBT and we encourage to use our add on with real world manuals to make the best out of it.
Do not expect to fly to proficiency on the very first day if you are unfamiliar with the aircraft; however if you are in for the challenge and you are willing to invest a bit of time in learning it, go for it, it will be a lot of fun.
A quick setup and fly type of tutorial is not really the most suitable for this type of aircraft in our opinion.

Regards

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Thank you for the comprehensive reply, I will just have to be patient for a while longer, but on the plus side when I do buy this MD-82 it will be stable and GoFlight modules will work without any effort from me. In the meantime I will catch up on reading.

Way back in 1999 the first flight simulator I really got into was called Airline Simulator 2 and the star of the stable was an MD-83 which was great fun to fly, nothing compared to this complexity wise though.

Many thanks

I've been tinkering with the GF Interface Tool.  What I have mapped is the MCP (mostly, no displays) the EFIS (complete) and the lights.  If you like later today or tomorrow I can send you a copy of my GFIT configuration, but first I'll have to make some sort of document to describe the usage of each button on the MCP as the panels are QUITE different.  It would definitely be better if the team could get with Steve at Pollypot rather than with GF directly. That's my personal input on the matter. 

But until then I'll work with what I can see with the GFIT Detective and try to make what I got better.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

It sounds like some of the LVARS / Events are detectable if you are able to do partial config using  GoFlight  Interface Tool  (GFiT)

I agree that getting this add-on compatible with GFiT would be a much quicker solution than waiting for a complete GoFlight driver and I am sure Steve is aware of the potential with this aircraft for GFiT.

I don’t actual own this yet so I would not be able to use your configs but in any case you should forward them on to Steve to load them up on the Pollypot site I suspect these configs will be popular.

Thanks for the reply

Actually I just figured out an issue that has been bothering me for a month now.  I think I got the entire MCP panel programmed now, the EFIS panel as well.  I'll give one last thurough look thru before I pass it onto Steve.  Maybe he can figure out the Displays and how to get them to work.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I’ll give a positive vote to goflight support!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For those interested. Heres a link to the zip file for my GoFlight Interface Tool profile for the Maddog(I can't post the file or attach a link). In it is documentation that describe how to interact with the devices. You can provide any further input via Messenger or email as described in the documentation.
PS - I only have P3Dv4 installed so I can't check other sims. Someone want to tackle the testing and report here would be awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8bmbntu1auiek1/Leonardo_MD80_P3Dv4.rar?dl=0

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hello, I’m halfway through a flight with your GFIT profile running (efis and mcppro) and all is good so far.  Thanks very much for doing this!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hello, I’m halfway through a flight with your GFIT profile running (efis and mcppro) and all is good so far.  Thanks very much for doing this!

You're welcome.  I've already tinkered with a couple settings to change.  The fast scroll for the IAS/MACH knob, I'm still trying to figure out A/T and A/P disconnects for it.  If you guys have any requests go ahead and put them here and I'll see what I can do. No promises though.  And by all means, if someone wants to add to the list go ahead, just send me the list of Bespoke events to me and I'll see about adding them in also.

I hope the MCP panel layout works for you guys also.  I just programmed it for the way I felt was the most logical.  But all the Bespoke events are there if you want to try a different layout for yourself also.

Edited by thibodba57

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thanks, I found the panel layout intuitive, especially given how different they are in real life from a Boeing mcp.

The only thing I’d love to see added is the digital displays but I think that's Not possible at this point?

Thanks again for this.

Dave