Ephedrin

Change installation path?

+1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

+1 again !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Ephedrin,

It actually can be installed in your main P3D directory, for I have accomplished that.  You can maintain the addon.xml file in a folder in your documents, but you must edit all of the paths therein noted to their new location. Not really hard to do.

Stephen

I'm new, as of today, to P3D & Maddog X was the reason I bought P3D V4.

I just now found out that Maddog X is in my C:\Documents & taking up over 2GB of space!

I now have 3 P3D folders in C:\Documents.

Are all addons going to be installed there? coz I won't have space for them on my C:/Drive. 😟

How do I prevent  addons being installed on my C:/Drive?

On 5/4/2018 at 1:04 AM, sacrayton said:

Ephedrin,

It actually can be installed in your main P3D directory, for I have accomplished that.  You can maintain the addon.xml file in a folder in your documents, but you must edit all of the paths therein noted to their new location. Not really hard to do.

Stephen

@sacrayton

Stephen,

Have you tested if it works? About the add-on.xml, how should I change it knowing the address is E:Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.

Could you please tell me the exact procedure to follow step by step.

Btw, how to move also the C:\Users\Portier\Documents\Maddog X Files folder?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

11 hours ago, Skysurfer7 said:

I'm new, as of today, to P3D & Maddog X was the reason I bought P3D V4.

I just now found out that Maddog X is in my C:\Documents & taking up over 2GB of space!

I now have 3 P3D folders in C:\Documents.

Are all addons going to be installed there? coz I won't have space for them on my C:/Drive. 😟

How do I prevent  addons being installed on my C:/Drive?

Of course no, not all addons should be installed in C:\Users\*******\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons...Fortunately!!!

Except the Maddog!!!

I expect to have a solution other than to move the "Documents" directory with everything it contains with a symbolic link.. maybe the Sacrayton solution works, it would be ideal for me...

...and better...that the Maddog developer(s) finds the definitive solution...but it doesn't seem to take the path. Too bad.

Regards,

Richard

• Like 1

Richard Portier

I found the simplest thing to do with the documents folder is to move it to a hard drive that is larger. About a year ago I saw a youtube video how to move it. Piece of cake. I moved mine to J drive. Now I don't have to worry about, it's a 750 gig partition.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's