Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

So, how is it? (im stuck at work...)

Eager to know your initial impressions and experiences.

Immersive?

Sounds good?

And how are the FPS / smoothness? (of course, only interested if at Flightbeam KMSP at dusk, with overcast clouds, raining, and dynami lights all ablaze. Oh, and at 4K!)

Looking forward to getting home this evening to give this one a whirl.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

A pure beauty. Easy on FPS.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hmm, my frame rates are very poor at the moment!! 7-8 on the ground EGSS. What version of FSUIPC are you running Epikk?

Fair frame rate, cockpit (medium 2048X2048) around 30 FPS , (High 4096X4096) around 25 FPS , fsuipc 5.122

57 minutes ago, drayton_k said:

Hmm, my frame rates are very poor at the moment!! 7-8 on the ground EGSS. What version of FSUIPC are you running Epikk?

Same for me! GTX680 with an I7-3820. Should be enough?!

• Upvote 1

After a quick test the external lighting is an FPS killer for me. Much worse with lights on than the PMDG birds and the FSL A320. FPS without the lights on seemed good so that's nice at least. 

I'll need to do more testing after work to get a real feel for things. Hopefully others will share their experiences with the lighting. 

Friends,

If you're having frame rate issues, can you please post your complete system specs, which sim you're using, and screen shots of your Display settings?  Also, if you're using an tweaks or NVIDIA Inspector settings.

Thanks!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, welsol said:

Fair frame rate, cockpit (medium 2048X2048) around 30 FPS , (High 4096X4096) around 25 FPS , fsuipc 5.122

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

1 hour ago, Epikk said:

Yes, because 5.122 seems to work fine in P3D v4.2 so far and 5.123C have a stuttering problem

It's a brilliant add-on once you arrange the lighting settings properly, both in the Maddog's Load Manager and in P3D. Around 45 to 50 FPS in cockpit view on Aerosoft's Oslo's Gardermoen, should be ok.

A no-brainer.

Good luck,
Willem

It is fantastic.

You feel just like home using the old Maddog, but after a 15.000$ plastic surgery and brain replacement.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

32 minutes ago, WGMD said:

It's a brilliant add-on once you arrange the lighting settings properly, both in the Maddog's Load Manager and in P3D.

Care to share yours? 

1 hour ago, Chaos81 said:

Care to share yours? 

It's a brilliant add-on once you arrange the lighting settings properly, both in the Maddog's Load Manager and in P3D. Around 45 to 50 FPS in cockpit view on Aerosoft's Oslo's Gardermoen, should be ok.

Mike, hi,

I'm runnning a i7-7700, 16Gb and GTX1080.
Gardermoen on top of ORBX Eur and Norway.

Regards,
Willem