Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Maddog frame rate

Guys,

Thanks for the information.  Due to last minute updates for the Simmarket download version, as well as the time difference, I've just now had the opportunity to install the same version as you're running.  I use a little higher settings than many do, but I'm taking this aircraft version up for a ride to check it out.

For anyone interested, you can watch my stream and see the results at www.twitch.tv/ovpa.  The stream will be live in about 30 minutes.  You can "follow" the channel to get an email notification of when the stream goes live.  We also stream other flight sim Beta software.

I'll get back to you guys after my flight, but rest assured that Davide and Stefano are monitoring this thread!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6700K @ 4.5, 1080ti. P3Dv4.2, KSFO 28L. FPS was dropping from 40ish down to 11-12 with the lights on, compared to the low 20s with the PMDG and FSL aircraft with their lights on.

Not at home so I can't post pictures of my settings, but they are lower than what Bentree_ is using.

Thanks Dave, looking forward to your feedback.

My specs are GTX680, I7-3820 4GHz, 16GB RAM. Win 7. P3D V4.2 with the 64Bit version of the MD80.

Running moderate settings although I'll get screenshots when I'm back on the PC. I don't use Dynamic Lights as that's just too much for my older card. Is simply disabling 'True Glass' enough or does it need to be a reinstall? I want that feature so I think a new card is in order..

The lighting is causing some of the issues. If I turn off all lights externally and internally apart from the beacon and strobes my frame rates are still not great but at least they are within 20-25 fps. Turn on the lights and the overhead panel text is blurry and unreadable and the fps drops considerably. I would expect much better frame rates than this.

Looking forward to watching the stream later

My GPU load is 100% at all times in the VC regardless of the settings which explains my FPS issues. It is wanting to lock the entire PC up, I know my GTX680 is older but that can't be right? 

Just now, SpeedbirdA320FO said:

My GPU load is 100% at all times in the VC regardless of the settings which explains my FPS issues. It is wanting to lock the entire PC up, I know my GTX680 is older but that can't be right? 

Same here, with a GTX 970

1 hour ago, SpeedbirdA320FO said:

Having 'Real Light' set to lowest helps but anything higher and its 3-4FPS for me..didn't realise the GTX680 was that bad!

Also same here haha.  I loaded it up at KEYW with real light at low and true glass disabled and I’m at 25-30 in the VC now 

1 hour ago, SpeedbirdA320FO said:

Time for an upgrade! I have feared this day lol.

LOL, yeah, I've been there too!

So we did a stream which had about 35 people watch.  Flew inbeween KATL and KMEM (both maxed out payware) and the aircraft averaged between 28 and 32 fps with no dips. This was using P3DV4.2, FSUIPC122, on an i7-4770K at 4.3GHz and GTX1080 pushing a 55 inch 4k and 3 23 inch monitors.  Software running was:

P3DV4.2 with REX Soft Clouds and Eventex, ORBX Global and Vector

ChasePlane

Aivlasoft EFB

Navigraph Charts (tied into stream and P3D)

LittleNavMap

Stream Software

Stream Chat Software

Vpilot

VATSPY

Discord

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I disabled true glass and fps went from 2.5-5 to 30-35. Thank you for the suggestion!!

Bernd

Sounds like some of those video cards need to get updated. I run a 1080TI so I’m hoping to get some good framerates.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, amartinez said:

I opened a ticket and they got back to me with a good solution. The low FPS is caused by TrueGlass and Real Light. First, go to the Load Manager (open in admin mode), set your Real Light texture to Low. Then Load up the airplane in P3D, on the menu bar select Addons->TrueGlass->Disable TrueGlass. I was getting 3-7FPS, now I am getting 30FPS stable!

How does one open a ticket? I'd like to do so on the frozen brake issue.

Dan, I have a 980ti and get good fps so with you should be more than fine.

Best

Bernd