Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Maddog frame rate

32 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

How does one open a ticket? I'd like to do so on the frozen brake issue.

Frozen break will be your controller settings (often calibration) or crossed bindings.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

46 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Dan, I have a 980ti and get good fps so with you should be more than fine.

Best

Bernd

True, 980ti is still a great card.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yeah, I though about upgrading  but then it didn't make sense because as you said it is still a decent card.

Bernd

51 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Frozen break will be your controller settings (often calibration) or crossed bindings.

Translate to English please :). Remember I'm on FSX.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

12 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Translate to English please :). Remember I'm on FSX.

I believe Dave meant that to fix the frozen brakes issue, check the settings for your brakes binding-control, usually a problem with calibration or mis-configured bindings. 

Sorry, Dave, for jumping in.

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

21 minutes ago, tamsini said:

I believe Dave meant that to fix the frozen brakes issue, check the settings for your brakes binding-control, usually a problem with calibration or mis-configured bindings. 

Sorry, Dave, for jumping in.

Thanks for helping tamsini. However your explanation is no more clear than Dave's.

1. What is "binding control"? FSX settings? Tweaks? I have no clue.

2. Once we understand what "bindings" means, what does "mis-configured bindings mean?

Thanks

Just picked up the Maddog earlier and I too have the same fps issue when loading in the aircraft. i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz and a GTX 1060.

I want to chime in.  For an $80.00 aircraft I was expecting better frames. This is a little disappointing since I have a great computer and video card. I will confirm in the VC frames are in the low teens 12 to15 exterior is about 26 to 29 barely acceptable. That will cut out a lot a people that dont have a better than average computer. Hopefully  there will be a fix that address this issue as you can see it is biggest topic. Just reporting the truth.

19 hours ago, spacebaby said:

I want to chime in.  For an $80.00 aircraft I was expecting better frames. This is a little disappointing since I have a great computer and video card. I will confirm in the VC frames are in the low teens 12 to15 exterior is about 26 to 29 barely acceptable. That will cut out a lot a people that dont have a better than average computer. Hopefully  there will be a fix that address this issue as you can see it is biggest topic. Just reporting the truth.

I'm getting fps in the VC hovering around 25fps. Outside it's mid 40s.

I'm on an 8700k and 1080 ti with 16gb of system ram.

My gpu is getting hit hard....VRAM is topping out at 11 Gb. 

This is at KMSP....

I'm honestly pretty irritated.....what can you do though I guess. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If the other developers have achieved success in conquering frames , than an update that addresses that issues should be implemented. That will broaden their market and make this an enjoyable product.Right now not so much...................

1 hour ago, spacebaby said:

If the other developers have achieved success in conquering frames , than an update that addresses that issues should be implemented. That will broaden their market and make this an enjoyable product.Right now not so much...................

Let's not get too carried away...Lol

I'm a little frustrated too. However, it's still a really nice airplane. 

If they can get sounds thst don't feel like they were a direct import from the 2010 version....then I would be much happier. But we all can't get what we want.

Matt kubanda

Hi: 

I am getting around 7-9 fps inside the virtual cockpit and outside I get 20-250 fps,  when with others payware planes i was getitng 35-40 vc and 45-50 outside . This is disappointing and i hope you can fix this problem.

Thanks.

RESOLVED: I set the Real Light texture to Low in the load manager and now i am getting 30-35 fps in vc. Thanks

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

RESOLVED: I set the Real Light texture to Low in the load manager and now i am getting 30-35 fps in vc. Thanks

It's still not what it should be....

In other complex airplanes, I am getting double the performance.

This airplane is using up all 11GB of vram that I have. It's quite bad.

Matt kubanda

20 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm getting fps in the VC hovering around 25fps. Outside it's mid 40s.

I'm on an 8700k and 1080 ti with 16gb of system ram.

My gpu is getting hit hard....VRAM is topping out at 11 Gb. 

This is at KMSP....

I'm honestly pretty irritated.....what can you do though I guess. 

Adjust your settings. I am getting 40+ FPS in VC on a complex addon airport with user placed static aircraft.  60 fps in cruise. Vsync internally and externally on. So it locks at 60fps. I am sorry to say, but this plane, with reasonable settings, has decent performance in the region of the PMDG offerings and better (more stable too) than the FSL. 

So, MSAA only, 2k Cockpit and light, 90mi visibility, mid shaders, mid to high sliders and 1680x1050 resolutiuon. It is not perfect all the time but when is matters. And it looks good.

I7 4400k, 1070 GTX with Win 10. P3Dv4.