Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Maddog frame rate

Hi guys

What are peoples experience with the frame rate? Mine is a strange mixture of 30 FPSsolid then 7-8FPS at other times, I can't seem to make much sense of it!

I've got a GTX680 with an I7-3820 so admittedly it is aging but it should be enough? 

• Upvote 1

I too am getting low frame rates at times. If I open up another window say Google Chrome then go back to the sim it drops to around 7-8 fps. I then minimize the sim and then maximize it again and then I get between 20-25. Very strange. Shouldn't have to do that though so something is amiss.

I am having the same issue in the virtual cockpit of the new MaddogX in P3dv4.1. I am getting around 3-7 FPS only when inside the virtual cockpit, outside I get 40-50FPS. To compare, in the VC of all my PMDG products I get around 40-50 FPS...

I opened a ticket and they got back to me with a good solution. The low FPS is caused by TrueGlass and Real Light. First, go to the Load Manager (open in admin mode), set your Real Light texture to Low. Then Load up the airplane in P3D, on the menu bar select Addons->TrueGlass->Disable TrueGlass. I was getting 3-7FPS, now I am getting 30FPS stable!

Try uninstalling (followed by removing the remaining Maddog folders), then when you install again do not install True Glass.  More than likely it's True Glass causing your issue, but if you get the same results then you can reinstall with True Glass and let us know.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, 

I tried as you suggested, reinstalled without installing True Glass. Still the same if not worse frame rates now. 6-7 in cockpit

It is not the True Glass...... that is not affecting my FR at all.

I have a high end system and when i turn on the lights on Schiphol Amsterdam my FR drop from 40 to 9.

Just don't turn on the landing and taxi lights for now.

Kind regards,

Ben

1 minute ago, Bentree_ said:

It is not the True Glass...... that is not affecting my FR at all.

I have a high end system and when i turn on the lights on Schiphol Amsterdam my FR drop from 40 to 9.

Just don't turn on the landing and taxi lights for now.

Kind regards,

Ben

Can you please do me a favor, and add your complete system specs, which sim you are using, and what your Sim Display Settings are (screen shot)?  This will help us to help you much better.

Thanks!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have dynamic lights off anyway and also switched off in the load manager for the MD. I also managed to get 30FPS in the rain once too. Very transient FPS although maybe my 2GB GPU doesn't help. It just sometimes works so well. 

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you please do me a favor, and add your complete system specs, which sim you are using, and what your Sim Display Settings are (screen shot)?  This will help us to help you much better.

Thanks!

Yes sure.... i was not asking for help...just tried to help out the others for the moment.

I will do asap.

Kind regards,

Ben

29 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks!

Dave, My computer specs are I7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz. 32 Gb RAM. 64 Bit Windows 7. Using P3d V4.2. 

Sim settings are

FXAA on 

4XMSAA

Anisotropic 16X

Texture Res High 2048x2048

Vsync On 

Frame rate set to unlimited.

4 minutes ago, drayton_k said:

Dave, My computer specs are I7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz. 32 Gb RAM. 64 Bit Windows 7. Using P3d V4.2. 

Sim settings are

FXAA on 

4XMSAA

Anisotropic 16X

Texture Res High 2048x2048

Vsync On 

Frame rate set to unlimited.

Nice system.  May I ask what your graphics card is?  Also what scenery you're running where the Dog is/was at?

Dave Hodges

Dave, sorry forgot to add that. I have a GTX 770 and I was parked on Rwy 04 at UK2000 EGSS Stansted scenery. By the way I am now using the newer FSUIPC 5123C which Pete Dowson has published today.

49 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks!

Dave my specs are:

Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @3.70GHz

32 MB memory

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card

Win10 Pro 64 bits

P3Dv4.1

Fly Tampa Amsterdam

AC settings: Cockpit 4096x4096

Real Light settings 1024x1024

Now for the screenshots: for FR see down right corner

AC lights on: