Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Maddog frame rate

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

This airplane is using up all 11GB of vram that I have. It's quite bad.

How is that even possible?

James

For what it's worth, from the FSX side, on my system frames are locked at 30 and MADDOG is rock steady at 30. I'm running the 4096 textures. And FSX sliders are all maxed except Autogen on Dense and water 2x low. VAS usage is actually quite low. Less than my most recent bizjet acquisitions.

Great aircraft.

Edited by Wink207
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

RESOLVED: I set the Real Light texture to Low in the load manager and now i am getting 30-35 fps in vc. Thanks

THIS did whole the difference for me. Thank you.

I'm getting 100 FPS in virtual cockpit, and a pretty decent 45 FPS in VR (which is what I'm aiming for). As a comparison, frames are slightly better then the NGX and QOTSII. GPU: 1080Ti

I've just tried QOTSII again, and the Maddog is smoother. And definitely smoother than the NGX.

Dynamic lights are hammering the GPU though. With all the lights on, I hit 100% easily. I've resorted to just using the nose light on 'dim' setting, which keeps me below 100% usage. This is far worse performance than the PMDG planes - with my system, I don't see a great deal of increased GPU usage with those aircraft.

Overall, very happy with performance, but I think lighting needs some looking at.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

14 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

RESOLVED: I set the Real Light texture to Low in the load manager and now i am getting 30-35 fps in vc. Thanks

This is also getting good frames for me, however the back lighting on the panel and gauges is so blurry that it is unusable. I don't have problems with any other high level addons when it comes to performance vs quality of graphics. 

GTX 960, 16GB of ram. 

3 hours ago, Mad_X said:

Adjust your settings. I am getting 40+ FPS in VC on a complex addon airport with user placed static aircraft.  60 fps in cruise. Vsync internally and externally on. So it locks at 60fps. I am sorry to say, but this plane, with reasonable settings, has decent performance in the region of the PMDG offerings and better (more stable too) than the FSL. 

So, MSAA only, 2k Cockpit and light, 90mi visibility, mid shaders, mid to high sliders and 1680x1050 resolutiuon. It is not perfect all the time but when is matters. And it looks good.

I7 4400k, 1070 GTX with Win 10. P3Dv4. 

Im at 4k....with only 4x MSAA 

I tried using the 2k cockpit but didnt notice any changes in perf. 

I was at the kphx v2 from fight beam and was getting 50s in the NGX. loaded up the maddog and was only getting mid 20s...

What baffles me though is the extreme VRAM usage. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

How is that even possible?

James

Im thinking the exact same thing!!!!! lol

I dont know. unless GPU-z log file is showing false numbers...

When its cold and dark.....mid 40s in the VC, 70s outside....

when its in the ready to start panel state.....same performance as above....

when its in the ready to fly panel state....mid 20s in the VC....

anyone have any ideas?

Edited by ahsmatt7

Matt kubanda

Today I was hit with a heavy frame rate drop. I normally get 30FPS @30hz performance on my 4K. I was running my checklist at DFW and everything was butter smooth. After pushing back and starting my engines my FPS dropped to to low teens but also spiked to 40 fps. My GPU shot up to 100% load. I shut down chaseplane, activesky and turned off all lights but nothing fixed the problem. I have flown the MD-82 four times and this is the second time this has happened. Its almost like a memory leak. 

I run a 7700K@5.0Ghz, M2SSD, EVGA FTW3 1080TI, 32gb Corsair High End Memory. I don't run my sim high or use 4096 textures. I am on P3Dv4.1  

Update: Started the flight over again with no changes and departure was smooth. Not sure what is going on. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Here is what worked for me if anyone is interested...

I have 4096 size textures for the VC and the realight textures set to Low.

Whenever I start in either the "cold and dark" or "ready to start" panel states, my performance is on par with what I would expect.....mid 40s in the VC and 70+ from the outside. However, If I set the panel state to "ready to fly" from either the control panel or within the sim, the performance is cut in half. If I select the "ready to fly" panel state from within the sim and then go back to either of the other two, my performance shoots back up again.

I now will use the airplane from either the "cold and dark" or "ready to start" panel states. As long as I do this, then the performance won't suffer.

Just something to test or think about.

Matt kubanda

14 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Here is what worked for me if anyone is interested...

I have 4096 size textures for the VC and the realight textures set to Low.

Whenever I start in either the "cold and dark" or "ready to start" panel states, my performance is on par with what I would expect.....mid 40s in the VC and 70+ from the outside. However, If I set the panel state to "ready to fly" from either the control panel or within the sim, the performance is cut in half. If I select the "ready to fly" panel state from within the sim and then go back to either of the other two, my performance shoots back up again.

I now will use the airplane from either the "cold and dark" or "ready to start" panel states. As long as I do this, then the performance won't suffer.

Just something to test or think about.

Good info. I should have added I have my realight textures set to low and I always start  in cold and dark.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Good info. I should have added I have my realight textures set to low and I always start  in cold and dark.

Darn lol....

I hoped it woukd help at least one person out. 

It did for me.

Matt kubanda

First time i loaded my Maddog I had low FPS. I reduced the P3D setting from Ultra to High and FPS doubled to 50-55. 

Apart from issues with P3D, PTA, RealLight and SLI, which killed my FPS and put both GTX 970 cards at 100% and my 16 GB RAM to 90%, issues I have taken care of, I was back flying at 50-60 FPS. My P3Dv4.2 flows better at unlimited FPS than any locked number.

I had no change in FPS with load manager settings in medium or high. TrueGlass on or off. UNTIL I was on approach to an airport in snowy weather. FPS dropped below 20 and it was nearly impossible to fly. Memory usage was very high. After reading this thread I understand this probably happened when I switched on the landing lights. Thanks!

I have not tried the updated Maddog yet.

I have the very opposite experience. I hope you guys with problems not get m wrong now with my post, im not here to brag nor to say something like "but look, i dont have a problem, its your fault" or something. I just want to give something for comparison, maybe it helps in the far end with anything. I could also provide settings or whatever is needed, so i just try to help. Also im not involved in any way with them, even i may sound as i want to advertise maybe.

That beeing said, the Maddog is the very best performing plane on my system, be it day or nighttime, on airports with dynamic lights or without them, in problem-airports or on good performing ones. Im running on P3d 4.1 on Win 10 Fall creators update, with disabled gamemode (via reg). I have the PMDG 747, 737, the majestic Dash-8 (was the best performing until now), the AS CRJ (is the worst performant) and some other A2A GA-flyers. Of all this, as mentioned, the Md82 runs the best. All the known microstutters that i get in any other plane, especially the CRJ, are eliminated here.

I use dynamic lighting, i use ActiveSky (5 layers, 75 min and 120 max range), i use Rex Skyforce with all the sun effects etc and PTA (just as info) and have the following system.

i7 7700k running on standard freq, disabled turbo mode, HT on.
MSI geforce Aero ITX OC 1070 8GB, running on standard freq.
16 GB Ballistrix (Crucial) Sports Ram
Asus Prime Z270K
P3d v4.1 (fullHD,  2k textures)

The Maddog is running with 2048 px for everything, light and textures. Truelight and Trueglass enabled. Dynamic light enabled.

I made some vid but please, if you can, download it to look (170 mb). Just close the popup there (Onedrive) and left top is download button. In the browser the video can and will stutter a lot. If you have no chance to dl then at least take a look at the fps counter left top. Basically it never goes below 29.5 fps (i lock at 30). But as mentioned, at least me havnt found a way yet to upload it somewhere where one can look it the same as i see it, completely fluid, that why i say download if you can. Or ignore it hehe but please dont someone look in browser only and say it stutters. The link goes to Microsoft Onedrive and gives you a 178mb mp4 file.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgBzUr6s1yo1gYFD0tUq8-3XIfmnRw

What i want to say, if the dev or someone else wants more info about what settings i use, to compare it to whatever to find the problem, i can provide it if needed.

Airport: Flytampa KBOS
Addons: see above and openLC NA terrain
Syste: see above
Settings: please ask

Basically i fly it since release day, for around 6 flights in the worst weather too and i did not see the fps drop one single time below 29 of the locked 30. This is crazy and doesnt happen in any other of above mentioned planes. Usually wit other planes i get around 25 to the locked 30 in any pmdg, with a lot more microstutters too (not visible on fps counter), but most time on landings its around 25-28 fps.

So im not sure what but something seems off for a few people. Cant help a lot besides what i offered.

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

Nice to hear, but there is big difference in your setup compared to me and some of the others with FPS issues. You are not running your system in SLI as we do. And the problem is apparently related to this. 

Are there already any new findings on the problem with the frames and dynamic lights ?
As soon as I switched the landing and the noise lights on, my frames drop sometimes
over 20 fps down (mainly at night) on the follwing system:

i7600k@4.5, 16GB, GTX1070 (8GB), Win10
P3d 4.1 (but also happens at 4.2), Dyanmic lights on

In the md load manager the panel and the true glass/real light settings are on 2048,
at 1024, unfortunately, nothing is recognizable.

Without turning on the lights (noise and landing lights), it runs always smoothly.

The funny thing is that other users with almost the same system and similar settings
have no problems with the lights.

Currently only option is to turn off DL, or turn off true glass/real light.
With DL and RealLight, it is also tolerable when the noise light only switch to dim and
the landing lights stay off (only 10 fps drop down).

Regards
Jens

Edited by J. Eberhardt