Sign in to follow this  

777F shaking during pushback with GSX

Good afternoon fellow T7 flyers, I updated from version 7075 to the current release today via my PMDG account download section, etc.

All feels good in the VC and I can tell further optimisation has been done on this magnificent big falla'.

One thing though, pushback was given by GSX at LGW - as it has many dozens of times before only this time the duration of the pushback caused the VC to shake. Most unnerving! Going to EXT view I could see the nose wheel bouncing up and down whilst the tug remained moving smoothly.

I reset FSX and tried again on a different stand - with the same result.

I've had a hunt about and there seems to have been a bit of tooing and throwing between GSX and PMDG over the issue but I couldn't find a fix - does anyone know if there is one?

Nothing has changed in my rig today except the updating of the 777 to the latest version.

I have the same issue, except the nosewheel just turns side to side really fast. Haven't found a fix yet, but I'm pretty sure it's related to GSX as they are the ones who designed the pushback system. Maybe you could try asking on FSDT's forums?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0

Edited by Milton Waddams

Don’t come a knockin’ if this triple seven is a rockin’ 

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

8 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Don’t come a knockin’ if this triple seven is a rockin’ 

HA HA. Excellent.

My research leads me to this; The problem is due to GSX being unable to set the nose steering pin  because the 777 is simulating other processes during pushback.

It's a shame as the shaking is a bit of an immersion killer but nothing else is affected. I expect it'll be fixed at some point.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:25 AM, ganter said:

HA HA. Excellent.

My research leads me to this; The problem is due to GSX being unable to set the nose steering pin  because the 777 is simulating other processes during pushback.

It's a shame as the shaking is a bit of an immersion killer but nothing else is affected. I expect it'll be fixed at some point.

So the pushback crew lied when they said that the bypass pin was inserted...

giphy.gif

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

This may have to do with GSX conflicting with the hydralics of the 777. I recognize this issue from other topics, although I've never had it myself. Try pushing back without switching on the hydralics and see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the latest version of GSX. If not, it may fix the problem if you update.

Edited by andreh

3 hours ago, andreh said:

This may have to do with GSX conflicting with the hydralics of the 777. I recognize this issue from other topics, although I've never had it myself. Try pushing back without switching on the hydralics and see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the latest version of GSX. If not, it may fix the problem if you update.

Sitting at Stand 177 at LGW (Gatwick, London. UK).

I'm checking out this now - (non-pressurised push back) and will report back...

I have the latest version of GSX, PMDG 777, etc.

Edited by Guest

if you have brake axes use your brake just a little bit so that it is recognized but actually doesn't brake.. it will stop the shaking effekt... Not a comfortable fix, but makes it better to look at :D

26 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

if you have brake axes use your brake just a little bit so that it is recognized but actually doesn't brake.. it will stop the shaking effekt... Not a comfortable fix, but makes it better to look at :D

Wilco.

Thanks for that too but that would mean I had hydraulics pressurised - which I'm not going to do for this test.

I'll do two tests - 

1) No Hydraulics on Push Back

2) Hydraulics but touching brakes as you suggest.

Just about to hit the Battery Switch and get started. Snow everywhere here in the UK with AS2016.

A short hop (re-positioning flight) from Gatwick to Heathrow).

I'll be offline while these test run (somebody's got to fly the plane!) and then I'll report back.

Edited by Guest

Right. Findings - based on discussion above...

1) No shaking on push back when no hydraulics. (totally un-pressurised)

2) Shaking on push back with [R ELEC] selected (normal for  bare minimum of hydo power on push back RW)

3) Don't try and land a 777 at Heathrow after three glasses of wine whilst trying to help out your Avsim mates with shaking nose wheel problems. (The RWY might look long but it runs out fast).

Cheers!

12 hours ago, ganter said:

Right. Findings - based on discussion above...

1) No shaking on push back when no hydraulics. (totally un-pressurised)

2) Shaking on push back with [R ELEC] selected (normal for  bare minimum of hydo power on push back RW)

3) Don't try and land a 777 at Heathrow after three glasses of wine whilst trying to help out your Avsim mates with shaking nose wheel problems. (The RWY might look long but it runs out fast).

Cheers!

:-)