Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Screen Flickering

Good morning,

I must say I am very pleased with the performance of the plane. I do have one issue though, the VC panel (entire screen) seems to flicker at unknown intervals. Its more of a flash then a flicker if I am being honest. Am I the only one who sees this?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I've never seen this in the present or previous version of the sim.  Can you share your Sim Display settings, monitor type and refresh setting?  Also, any NVIDIA inspector tweaks?

Many thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

In my case, the panel lights are flickering when my SLI is turned on. If I turn off SLI, no problem with flickering lights. I also have this problem with the TFDi 717 so I think it is connected with reallight.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I see it too.

When switching on the flood light or getting too close to a panel or moving the camera when close to a panel.

Nothing special here. No inspector settings.

The lights utility set to medium. Interior textures set to high.

Really nice aircraft btw.

Oh, and refresh rate is 60 Mhz with unlocked fps in my P3D settings. My resolution is 2560x1440.

Edited by RichieFly
more

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I see it too.

When switching on the flood light or getting too close to a panel or moving the camera when close to a panel.

Nothing special here. No inspector settings.

The lights utility set to medium. Interior textures set to high.

Really nice aircraft btw.

That's interesting, thanks for the additional info.  Can you take a screen shot of your Sim Display and Graphics pages for me?  Many thanks!

20 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

In my case, the panel lights are flickering when my SLI is turned on. If I turn off SLI, no problem with flickering lights. I also have this problem with the TFDi 717 so I think it is connected with reallight.

I believe the Real Light SLI problem was resolved by TFDi, and I believe we have the latest update for the Maddog. 

I don't use SLI (a second 1080 is not within my wife's budget... lol), but I get terrific frame rates with just one while pushing a 55 inch 4K and three 23-inch monitors.  Got to love NVIDIA!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

7 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Hello,

I do confirm this issue with SLI configuration and reallight. Also tested with the latest TFDI 717 version 1.0.9.22 and the bug is still there.

Disabling SLI solved the problem but had a big cost regarding fps loss, not acceptable for me, even if Maddog FPS are basically very good !

BTW I run p3d v4.2      WIN10PRO i7 3370k@4.7 GTX980x2 SLI 16 GoRAM

Very nice and exciting  to see  the come back of this jewel in p3d sky. It was my favorite during fs9 old days. Thank you !

Regards

45 minutes ago, UL612 said:

Hello,

I do confirm this issue with SLI configuration and reallight. Also tested with the latest TFDI 717 version 1.0.9.22 and the bug is still there.

Disabling SLI solved the problem but had a big cost regarding fps loss, not acceptable for me, even if Maddog FPS are basically very good !

BTW I run p3d v4.2      WIN10PRO i7 3370k@4.7 GTX980x2 SLI 16 GoRAM

Very nice and exciting  to see  the come back of this jewel in p3d sky. It was my favorite during fs9 old days. Thank you !

Regards

Thanks so very much for your time and effort.  We'll report this back to Collin at TFDi.

Thanks again!

Dave Hodges

22 hours ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

I do have one issue though, the VC panel (entire screen) seems to flicker at unknown intervals. Its more of a flash then a flicker if I am being honest. Am I the only one who sees this?

Hi Brian.  You don't say if this only happens with the MaddogX, so I thought I'd let you know my issue with screen flickering.  I started experiencing intermittent screen flickering about 6 months ago and couldn't isolate the exact cause.  At the end of the day it turned out to be the monitor itself... a hardware problem.  Once I replaced the monitor, the problem has completely disappeared.  Not saying that's your issue, but if you have a second monitor, you might do a quick swap to eliminate this possibility.

HTH

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Im getting it as well but only when i look down in the VC. I'll lower my VC res and see.

2048 textures seems to have fixed it.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks so very much for your time and effort.  We'll report this back to Collin at TFDi.

Thanks again!

I also asked this from TFDi back when 4.2 was released. I was informed that they cannot check if it has been fixed by LM because nobody in their testing team has an SLI setup in order to test it.

Just tell us if @UL612 or I can test possible fixes you guys can come up with. I would be glad to test it.

Thanks!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Just now, snapshot21 said:

I also asked this from TFDi back when 4.2 was released. I was informed that they cannot check if it has been fixed by LM because nobody in their testing team has an SLI setup in order to test it.

Just tell us if @UL612 or I can test possible fixes you guys can come up with. I would be glad to test it.

Thanks!

Thank you Keem!  That is very kind of you.  If you'll PM me your email I'll pass it along to Collin and maybe he'll have you guys test the B717 and Maddog, if you're still willing.

Thanks again, very generous!

Dave Hodges