Sign in to follow this  
david_wi

P3D V4.2 CTD in Ready To Fly option

Hi Guys

In P3D V4.2 when moving view around the cockpit, I get a CTD.

Also get Map and Vor failure in MFD

Computer specs : Windows 10 Home 64bit 16gb ram

Nvidia  GTX980 4gb

Thanks,David

The CTD is something we've never seen, can you please use AppCrashView and let us know what the error is?

Regarding the Map and VOR fail, this is normal without a position loaded and active/in range VOR frequency set.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I was having a CTD when manipulating internal views with Chaseplane. In my case, an incompatible module, VRS's TacPac .dll, was the cause. Once I removed it from the sim's dll.xml file, all was well.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hello Dave,

I am having the same problem with "map fail" in MFD. Would you be so kind to explain how to get rid of it and so have the route on MFD?. Thanks in advance.

Fabio

Sure thing. Just enter a position into the CDU and you'll be all set.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Happy to help!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

On 2/21/2018 at 0:15 PM, RudiJG1 said:

I was having a CTD when manipulating internal views with Chaseplane. In my case, an incompatible module, VRS's TacPac .dll, was the cause. Once I removed it from the sim's dll.xml file, all was well.

Hi RudiJG1

I also followed your suggestion and the Maddog flies well.

But now I can't use my VRS F-18 plane without this module.

Bye, David 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

The CTD is something we've never seen, can you please use AppCrashView and let us know what the error is?

Regarding the Map and VOR fail, this is normal without a position loaded and active/in range VOR frequency set.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave

I run this app but don't understand what it shows.

Bye, David

4 hours ago, david_wi said:

Hi Dave

I run this app but don't understand what it shows.

Bye, David

Hello David,

Just copy and paste the information here and we'll take a look at it with you.

Dave Hodges

7 hours ago, david_wi said:

Hi RudiJG1

I also followed your suggestion and the Maddog flies well.

But now I can't use my VRS F-18 plane without this module.

Bye, David 

David,

The TacPac configuration program gives you the option of prompting you as to whether to load its module or not during the launch of P3D, depending on the aircraft you want to fly. Choose yes when flying the F/A-18 or no when you're flying anything else.

Edited by RudiJG1
  • Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

15 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

David,

The TacPac configuration program gives you the option of prompting you as to whether to load its module or not during the launch of P3D, depending on the aircraft you want to fly. Choose yes when flying the F/A-18 or no when you're flying anything else.

After consulting VRS they gave us this temporary solution.
"You can turn off D3D experimental features in the VRS TPM and that will likely also resolve the issue, at least until we can find out what"
I took their advise and it worked fine for me.:cool: