Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

X-Plane 11 and 737 Zibo mod from Real pilot.

Nice information from flightdeck2sim (real pilot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGAipxKIUU

"flightdeck2sim

Hi Chaps,

Firstly, thanks for all the positive comments and messages regarding this tutorial using the excellent ZIBO freeware MOD for the 737-800 on my first outing with X-Plane. As many of you’re commenting and asking very similar questions I’ll try and answer the most FAQ’s here!

1. Is X-Plane 11 better than FSX/P3D?

I've never tried P3D but I've been told the FM is the same as FSX's. After only logging around 10 hours on the X-Plane platform the sim, in my opinion, is miles ahead of FSX. Just from a general user point of view, a fresh vanilla installation of XP 11 if far better than my propped-up version of FSX Steam with a host of weather engines, texture updates and pay ware scenery. (I am no way affiliated, just my honest humble opinion!) I’ve been flying for 13 years in real life and used MSFS for almost 20 years. I’ve flown gliders, single and multi-engine light aircraft and the 737NG. Comparable aircraft in X-Plane 11 react and handle in a very similar way. Small things like ground effect, the way aircraft reacts to external forces, X-Plane models flight in a way more akin to real life and it feels like you’re flying through air!

2. What’s better? ZIBO or NGX?

I genuinely have no preference. The NGX is obviously a complete product. It’s extremely immersive with all the systems modelled accurately and I’ve used it and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future. If you wanted to simulate every detail, practice non-normal situations as realistically as possible it's obviously the go to product! ZIBO MOD is still a WIP but even in the last month there has been a significant improvement in the FM and It feels pretty good to fly and not far off the real thing! A lot of work has gone in and will continue to go in to further improve the MOD. There is input from RW pilots, 737 pilots (including myself!) and with ZIBO’s unsurpassed dedication you’ll see this aircraft develop to a truly accurate replication of the NG." 

• Upvote 6

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Guest Mik75

I´ve watched this video, and a few others on his channel. Always nice to see someone with true knowledge at work! ;-)

And the ZIBO is getting better and better! It´s amazing to see, what the community in XP brings forth! And thanks to the good visuals of the stock B738, it´s really a lot of fun to fly this aircraft (with great framerate) in XP11. And that for ZERO cost! 

I have been use FSX/P3D v2,3 and 4 with all the best addon's available (see my signature) for years and I can say that X-Plane 11 is the future and the best thing is you don't need a lot o money to spend with addon's to make this sim powerfull.

• Upvote 5

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

These days I'm even more glad most XP products can easily be installed without installers ;-)

Guest Mik75

You can basically take the whole XP11 folder and move it around to different places on your HDD. I love this, and the flawless autoupdates are very convenient as well! Great sim, great freeware, great community!

Does anyone know where to get the NG mod for this plane. I know there's a fee for it but I can't find a link.

NAX669.png

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

Does anyone know where to get the NG mod for this plane. I know there's a fee for it but I can't find a link.

all information that you need is here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/138974-b737-800x-zibo-mod-info-installation-download-links/

• Upvote 1

José Luís

Been trying to get this one myself but can't find a proper download link. Following the link on Zibo's page takes you to some russian closed group asking for donations of 10 Euros or more...

Richard Åsberg

10 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Been trying to get this one myself but can't find a proper download link. Following the link on Zibo's page takes you to some russian closed group asking for donations of 10 Euros or more...

Richard, that's probably the right one. I knew the RG upgrade wasn't free.

NAX669.png

7 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Richard, that's probably the right one. I knew the RG upgrade wasn't free.

I don't mind spending a couple of Euros on something that is really good but in this case I've seen mixed reports where some people in another thread has been reporting about issues with no further replies in over a month so I'm a bit on the fence.

Would love to have/buy the mod since it looks great but at the same time I obviously don't want to throw my money on something that doesn't work as advertised and where I'm not sure what support I will receive to have any issues fixed.

Someone in that other thread suggested I should rather wait for a new project simply called 'Ultimate' IIRC which will also add a nice cabin and some other stuff I don't remember right now.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75
38 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I don't mind spending a couple of Euros on something that is really good but in this case I've seen mixed reports where some people in another thread has been reporting about issues with no further replies in over a month so I'm a bit on the fence.

Would love to have/buy the mod since it looks great but at the same time I obviously don't want to throw my money on something that doesn't work as advertised and where I'm not sure what support I will receive to have any issues fixed.

Someone in that other thread suggested I should rather wait for a new project simply called 'Ultimate' IIRC which will also add a nice cabin and some other stuff I don't remember right now.

I’ll also wait for the Ultimate mod, which will bring some very nice additions to the ZIBO modded default B738! In the meantime, if you want to fly a split scimitar version, you could get the EADT B738. It’s not nearly as complete and pretty as the ZIBO, but it’s completely free as well, so it won’t do any harm installing it! ;-) They also have a B737 (-700 model) for XP11. 

14 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

I’ll also wait for the Ultimate mod, which will bring some very nice additions to the ZIBO modded default B738! In the meantime, if you want to fly a split scimitar version, you could get the EADT B738. It’s not nearly as complete and pretty as the ZIBO, but it’s completely free as well, so it won’t do any harm installing it! ;-) They also have a B737 (-700 model) for XP11. 

I don't see any reason to install something that isn't as good as another option when both are free but thanks anyway for the tip :smile:

Do you have any more info on the Ultimate mod or a link where we could read more about it?

Richard Åsberg

13 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I don't see any reason to install something that isn't as good as another option when both are free but thanks anyway for the tip :smile:

Do you have any more info on the Ultimate mod or a link where we could read more about it?

Here the link about 737 Ultimate project: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/127175-boeing-737-ultimate/

José Luís

Guest Mik75
17 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Well, the EADT is free, the RG mod isn’t, so I just wanted to share a free possibility to fly a B738 with the new split scimitars.