Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Engine vibration?

Hi folks, 

I was looking for some recent information regarding the engine vibration. 

Short after release there were discussions that sometimes they shake violently, 

now they don't vibrate at all anymore. 

(Yes, the option is switched on in my settings. Latest updates on my machine. ) 

If the vibrate, can someone share a recent video maybe? Thanks in advance. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

There was an issue where there was a false visible indication of the engines shaking on the pylons during initialization of a new session, usually occurring right after the wings moved from their initially rendered position to the position they belong due to fuel loading.  As far as know this was fixed pretty early, there is no option to switch on this as if it were a feature.  I don't understand what option you refer to and why you want to recreate something that isn't supposed to occur.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents

We disabled this because it was acting up.

It will be making a comeback, in far better fashion with the 748 update.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Is this supposed to be engine vibration based on turbine rotation or engine wobble based on turbulence or G effects.  I assume the latter.  Would be pretty cool to see it implemented, but that would also mean animations would need to be fluid.  There is not much you can call out on the PMDG line,  but animations in relation to the wing or anything attached to the wing just don't seem fluid.  Is this by design to save on fps?

Hi folks! 

11 hours ago, downscc said:

As far as know this was fixed pretty early, there is no option to switch on this as if it were a feature.  I don't understand what option you refer to and why you want to recreate something that isn't supposed to occur.

Hi Dan, 

of course I don't ask for having the violent shaking back, but some vibration as it was intended. 

10 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You actually WANT the engines to do that?

I am unhappy that my English is misunderstood. 

I don't ask for the violent wobble, but for some vibration. 

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

We disabled this because it was acting up.

Ok, it is completely disabled right now, no engine vibration in the current release.

Thanks to all.  

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

9 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

I am unhappy that my English is misunderstood. 

I don't ask for the violent wobble, but for some vibration. 

This is what I was getting based on your own post.

23 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

Short after release there were discussions that sometimes they shake violently

I assumed the video above was what you were referring to.

23 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

now they don't vibrate at all anymore.

I actually don't know what other vibration was in there that wasn't already there before other than the violent shaking that wasn't supposed to happen, which is why I asked what I did. Do you know something that I don't?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I assumed the video above was what you were referring to.

Correct. 

Andreas Berg

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I actually don't know what other vibration was in there that wasn't already there before other than the violent shaking that wasn't supposed to happen, which is why I asked what I did. Do you know something that I don't?

ErichB had the following ideas...

12 hours ago, ErichB said:

engine vibration based on turbine rotation or engine wobble based on turbulence or G effects. 

... the boss noted: 

16 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

It will be making a comeback, in far better fashion with the 748 update.

So, maybe they wobble a little while spooling up, also during the take-off run, and in turbulence. 

NICE! 

Andreas Berg

What is coming back? the exaggerated wobble?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

6 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

What is coming back? the exaggerated wobble?

LOL

Andreas Berg

On 21.2.2018 at 0:47 AM, downscc said:

I don't understand what option you refer to and why you want to recreate something that isn't supposed to occur.

Hi Dan, 

OPTIONS page, SIMULATION 9/10, the shaking options. 

Andreas Berg