Sign in to follow this  
curbz

Throttle issue

9 minutes ago, curbz said:

Yes, as you can see in this screenshot, the VC throttles are not fully closed, despite my controller being fully closed: 

In the air or on the ground?

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

In the air or on the ground?

Both in the air and on the ground, but only after take-off Kyle. Before take-off, the VC throttles are in the fully closed position matching my hardware controller's lever position. Upon landing however, the VC throttles will not fully close (this is when the screenshot in my previous post was taken, after I was back on the ground). I have to intervene by pressing F1. Then the VC throttles will fully close.

Darren Morris

15 minutes ago, curbz said:

Both in the air and on the ground, but only after take-off Kyle. Before take-off, the VC throttles are in the fully closed position matching my hardware controller's lever position. Upon landing however, the VC throttles will not fully close (this is when the screenshot in my previous post was taken, after I was back on the ground). I have to intervene by pressing F1. Then the VC throttles will fully close.

Yeah. This is only a visual oddity as part of modeling FLT and GND idles in the background. The aircraft is behaving properly.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The aircraft is behaving properly.

In my instance I do not believe it is Kyle, for the following reasons: N1 will not reduce below 30% until I press F1 and I cannot deploy the reversers until I press F1, indicating that the throttles are not in the idle position.

Darren Morris

29 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah. This is only a visual oddity as part of modeling FLT and GND idles in the background. The aircraft is behaving properly.

Unfortunately not, Kyle. The problem is that if you use and hold a button for reverse everything works fine, the throttles close and the reversers apply. But id you use an axis on your yoke (FSUIPC as always) it will not react as the throttles are not closed properly. 

I did a work around as I programmed my reverser axis (Rz on the CH flight sim yoke) to close the throttles during movement through the first few millimeters/degrees/whatever. Pressing F1  after touchdown would do it too but for me it would disturb the immersion to touch my keyboard to fly the airplane..

maybe PMDG could find a solution here by checking back the hardware throttle position at touchdown and if it‘s closed, close the plane‘s physical throttles too.. No idea if sth like this would be possible.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, Ephedrin said:

maybe PMDG could find a solution

Yes please, as it seems a number of people are suffering with this and resorting to workarounds using the registered version of FSUIPC, which I do not have. There definitely appears to be something wrong that is more than visual as FSUIPC offset 088C which reads the simulator's throttle 1 position is reporting a value of 1311 whereas it should be 1 when the throttles are in the idle position. FSUIPC offset 3330 reads the calibrated value of the lever axis and this is reporting a value of 1 -  which is correct. So the sim is aware that the hardware lever is in the idle position, but the NGX throttle is not reflecting this.

Darren Morris

On 3/9/2018 at 12:09 PM, curbz said:

In my instance I do not believe it is Kyle, for the following reasons: N1 will not reduce below 30% until I press F1 and I cannot deploy the reversers until I press F1, indicating that the throttles are not in the idle position.

This is a hardware calibration issue, then.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ephedrin said:

But id you use an axis on your yoke (FSUIPC as always) it will not react as the throttles are not closed properly. 

I'm not sure I agree with this assertion. If FSUIPC isn't reading something properly, then you can adjust FSUIPC to get it to see what you need it to. We actually suggest avoiding FSUIPC unless you actually need it. It's powerful, but most don't actually set it up properly, which can cause a load of issues, as you can see.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, curbz said:

Yes please, as it seems a number of people are suffering with this and resorting to workarounds using the registered version of FSUIPC, which I do not have. There definitely appears to be something wrong that is more than visual as FSUIPC offset 088C which reads the simulator's throttle 1 position is reporting a value of 1311 whereas it should be 1 when the throttles are in the idle position. FSUIPC offset 3330 reads the calibrated value of the lever axis and this is reporting a value of 1 -  which is correct. So the sim is aware that the hardware lever is in the idle position, but the NGX throttle is not reflecting this.

You don't need FSUIPC. You can use any number of programs to work with your hardware. Either way, hardware isn't perfect and will usually throw out garbage data. You need to properly calibrate and set the various null zones properly in order to be sure the sim is getting the data you're intending to send it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

You don't need FSUIPC

I agree, and I'm not using FSUIPC in regards to calibration or axis assignment. As mentioned in my previous post, I don't own the registered version which means none of these options are available to me anyway. I'm only using FSUIPC to read values from the sim to help diagnose the issue.

You need to properly calibrate and set the various null zones properly in order to be sure the sim is getting the data you're intending to send it.

I have properly calibrated 3 different controllers in an attempt to get this to work, first in Windows 10 and then in P3D. The result is the same. If they were not properly calibrated how would it be possible to repeatedly achieve the full throttle range whilst on the ground prior to take-off? According to FSUIPC, the sim is receiving the intended data: when my hardware throttle is in the idle position, offset 3330 (description: Throttle 1 Axis input value, post calibration, just before being applied to the simulation) has a value of zero which means it is at it's absolute minimum position, and, sending this value to the sim. The NGX, for whatever reason, is not responding to this once it has left the ground.

Darren Morris

Darren, there is not a bug in the NGX that causes the symptoms you describe.  There are tens of thousands of users over five years and this only comes up on occasion and is usually resolved as issues with controllers or FSUIPC or 3d party drivers for controllers.  Sorry man.  You need to look at your system and configuration to figure this one out.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

Darren, there is not a bug in the NGX that causes the symptoms you describe.  There are tens of thousands of users over five years and this only comes up on occasion and is usually resolved as issues with controllers or FSUIPC or 3d party drivers for controllers.  Sorry man.  You need to look at your system and configuration to figure this one out.

Whether there is a bug or not in the NGX, I and others are experiencing a problem, which I have not seen a resolution for - only workarounds employing the use of FSUIPC, and that is why I am here, asking the community as I have spent over a month looking at my system and configuration and can find nothing wrong. I know my hardware is sending the correct value to P3D and coupled with the fact that my system and configuration works for every other aircraft including PMDG's own 777 where I have no issue whatsoever cutting the throttles, indicates to me that there may well be an issue with the NGX and/or P3D. The problem only arose after upgrading P3D from 3.4 to 4.1 (clean uninstall/reinstall of everything) - my system or hardware did not change - only the PMDG and LM software. If the 777 works for me, I don't see why the NGX shouldn't.

Darren Morris

"I and others," amounts to a couple of people, a small percentage of the total user base.  I don't route any axis through FSUIPC, as well as most users I suspect, and I do not ever see the problem you describe. I am at a loss as to why most do not have the same problem as you, there's no other explanation other than discussed.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 3/12/2018 at 3:58 AM, scandinavian13 said:

This is a hardware calibration issue, then.

You need to properly calibrate and set the various null zones properly in order to be sure the sim is getting the data you're intending to send it.

What about windows calibration, doesn't that cause issues? I've always shied away from calibrating in the OS.  I wonder sometimes if other addon calibration managers may interfere as well. 

\Robert Hamlich/