Sign in to follow this  
Bill Alderson

Just Wondering

Hi,

I've always loved the Maddog and flew it quite a bit in FS9 and 10.  I have the Maddog X but haven't had the chance to really get into it yet. 

Just wondering: Wasn't there an aircraft state menu choice in the Load Manager, along with "Cold and Dark', "Ready to Start" and "Ready to Fly" called "User Settings" or something like that?  In other words,  a setting where the user can setup his/her own scenario and save it?

I ask because I normally like to start my scenarios parked at the gate, with power on the aircraft but, instead of running the APU, the aircraft is getting it's power from a gpu or a direct connection to the terminal through the air bridge. Any chance of adding that option to the load manager in the future?  U.S. airlines tend to shy away from using the apu whenever possible because they use too much fuel and, the more they're used, the more they tend to break.

Thanks for your time. :biggrin:

Bill Alderson

Open the Load Manager, click on the Setup tab, last drop down on the very botton is the Aircraft state for new flights. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

In P3D v4 you can go to "Add Ons' in the Menu bar &  the options you mention are listed under Maddog X

T45

9 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Open the Load Manager, click on the Setup tab, last drop down on the very botton is the Aircraft state for new flights. 

That's what I'm taking about.  There are only the 3 options listed: Cold and Dark, Ready to Start and Ready to fly.  The ready to start option would probably be the closest to the state I'm referring to but the apu is powering the aircraft. I was hoping to see another option where one would be able to setup one's own starting situation.  I seem to remember being able to do that in the old Maddog. 

8 hours ago, FormerSF3 said:

Bill, what simulator platform are you using?  P3D or FSX?

P3D v.4.2.

8 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

In P3D v4 you can go to "Add Ons' in the Menu bar &  the options you mention are listed under Maddog X

T45

I'm looking right at it and the menu item you mention has the same 3 options found in the load manage along with the ability to Reload config from LM and Fix all failures.

Now, if only I could save a situation where I could start a flight with the plane parked at the gate and on ground power instead of the apu.

Appreciate the help guys.

Bill Alderson

Bill, I also like to have my own panel states (e.g. EXT PWR ON, APU ON... ect).

For the time being we decided not to give the option to load and save panel states as it might trigger a series of problems to the average simmer.

Having said that there is (as always) a work around.

When saving a flight, you actually create a panel save into the same folder.

You could use saved flights as is, recalling your saved flight and then changing location, date, time.

OR

You could simply save a flight with the same name as the default states (Ready to Fly, Cold and Dark), this would overwrite them.

Please back up the default states if you decide to do that, just in case.

• Upvote 1

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

As Meek said, when you save a scenario, it leaves it in the state you save in.

For example during testing I have a saved scenario on the runway with the FMS loaded.  P3D even saves the weather state when you save.  So for testing, I just reload and takeoff.

I also have various approach phases that I test with.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Meekg said:

Bill, I also like to have my own panel states (e.g. EXT PWR ON, APU ON... ect).

For the time being we decided not to give the option to load and save panel states as it might trigger a series of problems to the average simmer.

Having said that there is (as always) a work around.

When saving a flight, you actually create a panel save into the same folder.

You could use saved flights as is, recalling your saved flight and then changing location, date, time.

OR

You could simply save a flight with the same name as the default states (Ready to Fly, Cold and Dark), this would overwrite them.

Please back up the default states if you decide to do that, just in case.

6 hours ago, FormerSF3 said:

As Meek said, when you save a scenario, it leaves it in the state you save in.

For example during testing I have a saved scenario on the runway with the FMS loaded.  P3D even saves the weather state when you save.  So for testing, I just reload and takeoff.

I also have various approach phases that I test with.

Thanks guys, I finally figured that out for myself. I just saved a few situations w/o the apu and all things are working as advertised. 

BTW, does anyone know how to permanently change the head height in the cockpit in the the aircraft.cfg file?  I know it's in the views section but I can't remember which one is the vertical setting.  I used to know all that stuff but I stopped building planes years ago. I leave that sort of thing to people who actually know what they're doing now.  :biggrin:

Thanks again.

Bill Alderson

5 hours ago, Bill Alderson said:

BTW, does anyone know how to permanently change the head height in the cockpit in the the aircraft.cfg file?  I know it's in the views section but I can't remember which one is the vertical setting.  I used to know all that stuff but I stopped building planes years ago. I leave that sort of thing to people who actually know what they're doing now.  :biggrin:

Thanks again.

Never mind.  I figured it out.  All fixed. :biggrin:

Much obliged gents.

Bill Alderson

6 hours ago, FormerSF3 said:

Yes, I'd like to know.  SHIFT+ENTER 3X every time I get in it.

No problem.  Go into the aircraft.cfg file and scroll down until you find the following entry:

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = 62.000,-1.670,4.775    // CM1 

The entry in red is the vertical head height setting and the one that needs to be changed.  I changed mine to 4.875 and it seems to work for me.  Your mileage may vary. ;)

Be sure to  backup the original cfg file before changing anything though.

Hope this helps....

• Upvote 1

Bill Alderson