Sign in to follow this  
KORDATC

Really Quiet Exterior Engine Sounds

For some reason, the engine sounds while in the exterior view, are extremely quiet on my setup.  I don't hear any JT8D roar.  I have my engine sounds turned all the way up in the P3D menu.  I also tried turning the ambient volumes up in the Maddog Load manager, and still no joy.  Is this how it is supposed to be?  Was really hoping to hear the awesome roar that is the JT8D.

I switched to the external view for the first time and about fell out of my chair. It sounded like my engines were shut down and the APU was running.

Just now, richcam427 said:

I switched to the external view for the first time and about fell out of my chair. It sounded like my engines were shut down and the APU was running.

Same here

I find the engines just as quite in the cockpit. Not sure if there on or not. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I find the engines just as quite in the cockpit. Not sure if there on or not. 

That's correct though. You can't hear the engines in the cockpit after takeoff.

The exterior, however...you can definitely tell when one takes off nearby.

Same here. Most if not all of the sounds seem to be missing in external view for me too.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Flashback from a few trips from EKCH to LEMD seated behind the aft galley:

They are really loud, and the whine is really cool! Even cooler on the outside..:)

Hopefully sounds will improve over time - the rest is already a work of art!

Same issue guys. Do we have to submit a ticket or has anyone asdressed this yet because in some of the videos posted, there are actually liud external sounds. They just don't seem to be working for us poor few.

Regards 

Terence Jordan

Regarding the internal engine sounds, the Maddog is known as one of the quietest flight decks. The reason is not only that the engines are placed so far away from the flight deck but also that they are on the fuselage and not the wings.

For the above reason, there probably won't be too many changes to internal volume (amplitude) of the engine sounds by us.  However you can edit them yourselves.  Simply go to the SimObjects/Airplanes/MaddogX/sounds folder, find the file you want to modify and do some sound work on it. I changed many of the original sounds (sounds themselves, volume/amplitude, etc.) back with the previous version. You can even change the sound cone if you wish.  Before playing with this you should Google "Microsoft ESP Sound", "SDK Special Effects Tool" and of course "Microsoft ESP SDK". It's really not difficult to do.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.