Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Constructive criticism on what could/should be improved.

Hi,

First thank you very much for a stunning aircraft. 

All I would like to do is start a topic on how you could improve on this Fantastic aircraft.

1) The white Nav flights on the wings, they look like the only thing you forgot to update, they look ok at some angles but really low res at other angles.

2) When you open the Cockpit Windows, there is no difference in sound. A2A aircraft and FSL, when you open a window you know about it, outside volume goes up it make the event of opening the window an event, engines sounds etc, nice when starting the engine etc.

3) Exterior Engines sounds are probably the only really disappointing thing about this aircraft. I know you cannot hear the engine from the VC becasue we are so far forward. But with windows open or extoiror views I want to hear them engines screaming and whining. There is almost nothing. The APU sounds better. Please this aircraft need the sounds to go with it stunning texturing, modeling.

Others can hopefully add to the list.

Please don't take offense it's not the intentions I just want you to get it to a level higher than it already is.

Thanks again for a stunning aircraft.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

1) The white Nav flights on the wings, they look like the only thing you forgot to update, they look ok at some angles but really low res at other angles.

Noted thanks

2) When you open the Cockpit Windows, there is no difference in sound. A2A aircraft and FSL, when you open a window you know about it, outside volume goes up it make the event of opening the window an event, engines sounds etc, nice when starting the engine etc.

The comparison with an A320 does not stand. You'll find numerous videos of MD80 pilots taxing with the window open; you wouldn't be able to do it in an Airbus due to the engine noise, and the fact that Airbus pilots are more diligent.

We'll consider the idea of increasing the volume a bit though.

3) Exterior Engines sounds are probably the only really disappointing thing about this aircraft.

We hear you on this one.

Thanks for feedback and Regards

• Upvote 4

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Some things I noticed as well. Also not meant to offend, just to improve this great package 

1) it seems like adding winds in the FMC does not change ETA and fuel remaining times 

2) on the pressurization panel, the Landing Pressure scale says "IN HG" even if it's in Millibars 

3) the LSKs on the FMC in the VC don't line up as nicely as they do in the 2D popup

22 minutes ago, hughesj2 said:

Custom install path needed

This is a big one, after discussing it with our leading developer I found out it would require a lot more work than I thought, but we hear you.
Give us time to consider it.

• Upvote 1

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

22 minutes ago, Meekg said:

Give us time to consider it.

Don't rush please. You have released an amazing airplane with just little bugs if you can call them so, things that happen, some other things that should be done for handiness. all in all it's just a great release!

I'll second the exterior sounds. Doesn't sound like any MD-80 I've ever flown on or heard at my local airport. They're by far the loudest plane at my airport (Allegiant).

The other thing I'd like to add is performance. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the good frame rates others are. During takeoff I was getting 15-20 fps. It did improve to around 35-40 in the air, but overall it places the maddog somewhere between the FS Labs Airbus and the PMDG planes, whereas others are seeing it about even with the PMDG offerings. I'll mess with settings a little bit, but the rest of my sim is pretty reliable right now.

I'm really impressed by the overall fidelity and solidness. You can really tell that tons and tons of hours of work went into her, both on the development and testing sides!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I would like an additional panel state, “GPU enabled” as the flight deck (on my screen at least) is 100% dark at night when choosing cold & dark. And “ready to start engines” doesn’t leave much of preflight preparation.

jos

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, beep747 said:

I would like an additional panel state, “GPU enabled” as the flight deck (on my screen at least) is 100% dark at night when choosing cold & dark. And “ready to start engines” doesn’t leave much of preflight preparation.

jos

+1 this is how I start all of my airliner flights

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

+1 this is how I start all of my airliner flights

Yes "on GPU" would be great and probably the most realistic. 

43 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

I'll second the exterior sounds. Doesn't sound like any MD-80 I've ever flown on or heard at my local airport. They're by far the loudest plane at my airport (Allegiant).

The other thing I'd like to add is performance. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the good frame rates others are. During takeoff I was getting 15-20 fps. It did improve to around 35-40 in the air, but overall it places the maddog somewhere between the FS Labs Airbus and the PMDG planes, whereas others are seeing it about even with the PMDG offerings. I'll mess with settings a little bit, but the rest of my sim is pretty reliable right now.

I'm really impressed by the overall fidelity and solidness. You can really tell that tons and tons of hours of work went into her, both on the development and testing sides!

The MD 80 is not as good as the PMDG NG/777 but not as low as the FSL. One of the Developers also posted the same results here under my post "performance". But it is steady and runs great. I've found out in the last week you need 16GB of RAM to run 4.2 or you get stutters and FPS jumps. If you have 8GB then like me it's time to upgrade(I did and it worked wonders). But if you can run the FSL you should have np with this aircraft. Hope you find a solution.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 - Backup the cold and dark panel state in the saves folder

2 - Start the Maddog, load the cold and dark state then connect the GPU and make all the changes you want (screens on, doors open...)

3 - Save a flight using the exact same name as the cold and dark file.

It overwrites the cold and dark state which will be now your own "on gpu" state.

NOTE: Avoid saving a state with flood lights already on as we noticed it may trigger a memory leak and affect your performance.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

I might've totally missed it (and for that I apologize) but where do I find takeoff speeds for flap 11 (which is as standard or even more commonly used than flap 15).

Also. I had trouble with CM2 CDU pop-up. Only CM1 popup worked. (I am using ezdoc...and still havent figured out how to get proper exterior views btw)

Thanks for a great plane!

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

First of all: wonderful plane and thanks for bringing it back even better that before!

I thing i'm missing is sounds on lost focus. I have som many windows open next to P3D (Vpilot, AS16, PFPX...) I think it somehow kills the immerson when i have quickly have to switch to another window and suddenly all sound is lost. Many other great addons have an option to keep the sound up even in the background. It would be great if you could include that in an update.

Thanks!

chris

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I would like to see the load manager a bit more intuitive, like the ability to directly inter a ZFW, because that's how I do my weights on most other aircraft, and it's much more convenient (in my opinion).

Awesome aircraft.

My wish list:

- Nose Landing gear doors not closed at all when gear is down. Look at pictures of real aircraft.

- Engine sounds of course. Maddog ID

- Pax cabin distribution and maximum pax noted per cabin. (I think there are 3 or 4 zones)

- Option to distribute bags in holds apart from cargo. Bags are loaded in aft hold by default.

- Request for chocks to ground staff. No chocks simulated? (Also the ASU and ACU is the same vehicle?)

- And one impossible?. Is there any way that the aircraft remembers last flight fuel remaining for starting new flight with that quantity?

• Upvote 2