Sign in to follow this  
MRCOHENN

X56 PRO buttons settings in P3DV4

hello,

I have the X56 pro flight stick, the stick  is with lots of buttons that can be set in the simulator. The problem is that when I try to set certain things in the settings of the simulator for the PMDG or the FSLABS A320 such as F / D, Cockpit light, altimeter,It does not work. Most of the options I mentioned do not exist in the simulator settings.
Does anyone know how to set the buttons effectively? I have a lot of buttons on the Stick and I use a very small part of them.

thank you.

See if there's a keyboard setting for what you want and then map that to the X56 button using FSUIPC.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

SPAD.next payware works great if you are willing to invest in a bit of a learning curve, I use it extensively for all my Saitek devices and love it. I have auto load profiles for more than 30 aircraft. I also use it with Xplane.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

SPAD.next payware works great if you are willing to invest in a bit of a learning curve, I use it extensively for all my Saitek devices and love it. I have auto load profiles for more than 30 aircraft. I also use it with Xplane.

Joe

Joe, just curious because i also have a X56, what SPAD.next can offer us that u cant do with FSUIPC? i was convinced that SPAD.next was useful only for modules!?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

38 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Joe, just curious because i also have a X56, what SPAD.next can offer us that u cant do with FSUIPC? i was convinced that SPAD.next was useful only for modules!?

Spad.next is a great deal more flexible and can do just about anything you want with any Saitek device.

I use it with my X52 Pro stick and throttle, Switch Panel, Multi function Panel and peddles. It's particualr useful with Lvar commands and obviously any other type of input, it has built in text to speech responses you can program, it has event monitor functions, it can be coupled with a Voice Attack plugin to be able to issue VoiceAttack commands to execute any Lvar commands or series of them. I find this particularly useful with flying my PMDG 737 in VR to be able to set things like flaps at any particular value with a voice command.

The auto profile switching and easy copy and paste functions make it easy to create new profiles or assign aircraft to any profile. Also you can access examples and copy them if you like from others on the internet for various assignments. I also like to assign logic statements within executions to check status before executing or set my lights and my panels etc...

I will say the learning curve can be a bit steep unless you're familiar with this type of application. I write a lot of home automation code and other code applications that make it more intuitive for me. You will find varying opinions about the programming and setup difficulties but once mastered I could not do without it. I used FSUIPC for years but have recently uninstalled it completely I do my traffic limiting with Ultamate Traffic Live, my calibrations with P3Dv4.2 directly and do all my "keyboard, button and switch profiling" with Spad.next,  and VoiceAttack, two addons I find invaluable particularly with VR. 

Here's the links:

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

https://voiceattack.com/

Joe 

• Upvote 1

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the detailed answer Joe, the problem is the x56 support... indeed theres a x52 profile in the SPAD.next site but that's about it regarding the Saitek "x family", i believe they dont have support for the x56.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On 2/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, dmarques69 said:

Thanks for the detailed answer Joe, the problem is the x56 support... indeed theres a x52 profile in the SPAD.next site but that's about it regarding the Saitek "x family", i believe they dont have support for the x56.

I put a post out on the Spad.next forum about the X56 which I think is supported but haven't heard back yet.

I know the x55 is supported so I can't believe the x56 isn't.

I think he just never updated his web page from the pictures of the x52 Pro

Joe

• Upvote 1

Good morning, 

I recently bought the Saitek / Logitech X56, too. 

Now I am searching for software to map the P3D settings to the buttons and axes of the controller, and wonder if spad.next or FSUIPC will do the job better. 

Has someone compared the two programs - what are the pro's and con's? 

By the way - is the registered version of FSUIPC required for spad.next?

Regards Thomas!