Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

F50 GTN750 integration

If, like me, you use the GTN750 for primary navigation (which works fine, BTW, even if the EADI displays "FMS"..) you can add a little custom gauge to have the F50 start up with the GTN visible in the panel.

1. Add a folder to your panel folder and call it "CustomF50"

2. Drop a file, called "Control_Init.xml" into this folder with the following content:

<Gauge Name="Control_Init" Version="1.0">
<!-- GTN 750 visible -->   
<Element> <Select> <Value>
(L:ASD_F50_TOGGLE_GTN750,number) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:ASD_F50_TOGGLE_GTN750,number) }
</Value> </Select> </Element>
</Gauge>

3. Add a line to your panel.cfg file:

[Vcockpit01]
gauge07=CustomF50!Control_Init,  0,0,1,1

That is it!

BTW there is nothing special about the names.. you can change them if you like, just be consistent..

Edit:

This is actually a workaround until Carenado fixes a typo in their Update_Dig_GTN gauge file..

• Upvote 2

Bert

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If, like me, you use the GTN750 for primary navigation (which works fine, BTW, even if the EADI displays "FMS"..) you can add a little custom gauge to have the F50 start up with the GTN visible in the panel.

1. Add a folder to your panel folder and call it "CustomF50"

2. Drop a file, called "Control_Init.xml" into this folder with the following content:

<Gauge Name="Control_Init" Version="1.0">
<!-- GTN 750 visible -->   
<Element> <Select> <Value>
(L:ASD_F50_TOGGLE_GTN750,number) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:ASD_F50_TOGGLE_GTN750,number) }
</Value> </Select> </Element>
</Gauge>

3. Add a line to your panel.cfg file:

[Vcockpit01]
gauge07=CustomF50!Control_Init,  0,0,1,1

That is it!

BTW there is nothing special about the names.. you can change them if you like, just be consistent..

Great work, Bert! I may have to give this one a try now.

Besides, that, can you give us your thoughts on this aircraft overall?

Mario Di Lauro

27 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I like it  :cool:

Smooth!

Mario Di Lauro

Hi:

I see you are able to use the Garmin. I have not been able to do it. Just few minutes after loading the FP an error pups up "Garmin Training Stop working" I have tried another aircraft and work perfect. I repaired the Trainer installation and the problem persist. Do you have any suggestion what is causing this problem? I am using P3DV4. 

Also when using the default FMS the airplane is not following the route. I have uninstall and installed, downloaded fresh copy an nothing. 

Thank you very much. 

I am using the GTN (only) in P3Dv4 and have disabled the FMS.

The GTN works just like in any other airplane.

Do you have the GTN visible in the console, between the seats?

Try this in your panel.cfg file, as a test:

[Vcockpit02]
//gauge08=FMCF50!FMC_UN1VC,  512,0,512, 404

Bert

Thank you Bert> Please how do you disabled the FMS? By deleting this string in gauge8? 

Yes I have the GTN on the console but it stop working as I said. The FMS is not working eider. The plain does not follow any route no matter what.   

The // in front of the line disables the gauge.

As for the Garmin trainer stopping... do not know what caused it, but that is likely not caused by this airplane..

All I can say, is try it some more until it becomes apparent what triggers it (if at all).

Bert

Instead of disabling the FMS gauge I'm currently testing the Universal FMS without
navigraph extension from Carenado's Citation S550 (I think the B1900D FMS is similar to it).
This gives me the possibility to load flight planner flightplans into the FMS
(but unfortunately not in EADI map view).
Or even better, I'm able to use complete flightplans with SID's and STAR's loaded
automatically from Aivlasoft's EFB.

I have made some mods to the EHSI readout, to add "GPS", "LPV", and "next Waypoint".

Also rolled up some minor bug fixes.

If you fly the F50 with the GTN as the primary navigation device, and are OK with having the FMC disabled, send me a PM with your email address for a copy of my mods.. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Bert

For some reason I can't get the GTN between the two FMS. I followed the steps described above. What am I doing wrong?

6 hours ago, daankamp said:

For some reason I can't get the GTN between the two FMS. I followed the steps described above. What am I doing wrong?

The GTN is installed in the lower right portion of the pedestal, not between the FMSs.

This is a Carenado design decision, and cannot be changed by the users..

Bert

On 2018. 2. 26. at 11:11 AM, Bert Pieke said:

I have made some mods to the EHSI readout, to add "GPS", "LPV", and "next Waypoint".

Also rolled up some minor bug fixes.

If you fly the F50 with the GTN as the primary navigation device, and are OK with having the FMC disabled, send me a PM with your email address for a copy of my mods.. :cool:

I tried to send the PM it said I only allow 0 pm per day...:ohmy:I am so new to this avsim.com can't find the way to send the pm properly... phew...:blush:

if possible...could i get and tried the mode through my email "wtp250@hotmail.com"..please?