Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

MilViz 737-200 for P3D v4

Does anyone have any experience using the MilViz Boeing 737-200 in P3D v4.2?  It does not seem to be officially compatible yet...

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Ok.  Thanks.  That is handy.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Well, I just re-downloaded it from their site (I had purchased it some time ago for FSX-SE)  and installed it into P3Dv4.2. It does not show up in the aircraft selection menu. Looking at the simobjects folder, it is there, but not showing up in the sim.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

18 hours ago, tamsini said:

Hi Caleb - cannot confirm it personally but Milviz says ALL their aircraft is compatible:

https://fselite.net/news/milviz-update-p3dv4-2-king-air-350i/

Perhaps a bit of misunderstanding (and a reminder to always check the source material, FSElite is wrong)....all of Milviz aircraft that work in P3Dv4.1 will work in v4.2. The 737 is not yet compatible with P3Dv4.1, ergo, not compatible with v4.2.

https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/

39 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Perhaps a bit of misunderstanding (and a reminder to always check the source material, FSElite is wrong)....all of Milviz aircraft that work in P3Dv4.1 will work in v4.2. The 737 is not yet compatible with P3Dv4.1, ergo, not compatible with v4.2.

https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/

Oh boy! My sincere apologies!

Mario Di Lauro

Thanks for the replies.  So I guess it is not compatible with v4.  I have not owned any MilViz stuff until after I got v4, so I am not familiar with the updating process...  It it a free upgrade?  So could I buy it and use it in v3, and then when the update comes out I can update the 737 to v4?  Or should I wait and not buy it at all until it is v4 compatible?

Thanks everyone.

Caleb Byers

Milviz has been really good about keeping things updated. The 737 update to v4 will be no charge when available, of that I'm pretty sure. It is just  a complex add-on with a lot of custom code.

Just for your peace of mind, I wouldn't purchase it until it was ready to be used...no need to cause yourself (or them) any frustration if the update takes a while.

Ok.  Thanks.  The reason why I asked is because I do not want to spend that much, so I was going to wait for a sale (MilViz is known to have frequent sales) and if there was a sale before it was v4 compatible I might buy it then.  Thanks.

Caleb Byers

Its not far off! I have seen in the Milviz forum that they are working I believe on completing the weather radar and apart from that it is ready. A post I read said its very near for V4. In fact I believe some lucky sods already got a hold of it with a V4 installer because of a mistake uploading an update to one the FS retailers. It was the Milviz 737-200 v4.1XXXXXXX or something like that. It was downloaded and reportedly worked except for the Weather radar I believe. Of course the mistake was quickly corrected. I shouldn't be telling you this because I heard they come around to your house and beat you if you tell anyone their secrets:ph34r:.  Anyway I am patiently waiting for this one. I have always enjoyed hand flying this aircraft. Seriously, it handles better than the NGX.

16 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Its not far off! I have seen in the Milviz forum that they are working I believe on completing the weather radar and apart from that it is ready. A post I read said its very near for V4. In fact I believe some lucky sods already got a hold of it with a V4 installer because of a mistake uploading an update to one the FS retailers. It was the Milviz 737-200 v4.1XXXXXXX or something like that. It was downloaded and reportedly worked except for the Weather radar I believe. Of course the mistake was quickly corrected. I shouldn't be telling you this because I heard they come around to your house and beat you if you tell anyone their secrets:ph34r:.  Anyway I am patiently waiting for this one. I have always enjoyed hand flying this aircraft. Seriously, it handles better than the NGX.

LOL...I have really missed the old bird in v4. It is a fantastic hand flying monster.

Thankfully I own v3 as well so when I buy it I can use it in v3 until it is officially v4 compatible if it does not work.  :smile:

Thanks everyone.

• Upvote 1

Caleb Byers

Ah, that would explain it, then.

No worries. I'll just uninstall and wait for the release of the 4.2 aircraft/installer.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

The MilViz 737-200 is one of the best flying of any airplane that I've experimented with in flight simulation. Now, having said that AND being an admirer of both MilViz and this particular product. It is also in many ways an incomplete product. I get the impression that at a certain point a decision was made to cease further development and put the product out on the market as is...Hopefully, at some point, the powers that be might decide to bring it up to the level of a true "Study-level" simulation. For now, though I am enjoying the OUTSTANDING .fde included with this product. 

This product supports 4.3.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.