Sign in to follow this  
hubbcapp2000

Weird Bug during climb and cruise

Sometimes while climbing and cruising.  The Stall alert will come on and the autopilot will disconnect.  The aircraft will loose altitude and also turn around in the opposite direction automatically.  When it goes away the plane is slightly off course and you have to re-engage AP 

I guess there is a mistake in the take off settings. Pls describe your prcedure before take off.

Frank J. Herter

Well, sounds like a stall to me but I'm sorry you haven't really provided much information except you got a Stall indication to try and figure out what happened.  What was the aircraft weight, configuration, MCP settings....

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I use the light ad manager to load the aircraft to include fuel planning.  Everything is normal.  IAS is usually above 290kts and vs is usually 2000ft/min or less.  With out warning this occurs

What is your simulator metric unit setting?

Please ensure you have FEET, KGS/LBS (shouldn't make a difference) and "display indicated airspeed" selected.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

1 minute ago, hubbcapp2000 said:

Everything is set to lbs

In the main sim settings? Display Indicated airspeed in the realism setting?

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

When this happens, can you take a screen shot of the PFD, ND, FGCP and Engine Panel?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 hours ago, hubbcapp2000 said:

Yes I have display indicated airspeed set in the realism settings.  Should it be set to true airspeed?

No, that is correct.

What is your pitch and attitude at the time of these stalls.

As Dave suggested could you take a screenshot of speed, pitch and power.

Thank you

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Ironically, I changed the setting to True Airspeed and I have had two succesful flights with no issues what so ever.  I used to have the same problem with the Maddog MD80 when I was using it on FS9.  But if it happens again, I will try to get screenshots.  For the record, I flew one time with a MD80 Captain from American Airlines and the problem occurred.