Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Night light and autogen pop up

Though my sim seems to run smoother, I’ve noticed that I am getting my nigh5 lighting to pop up more often as well as autogen close to my plane.  I havent changed settings. Anyone else noticing this? My settings are a little right of mid for the most part. My pc specs are below.  This happens with or without dynamic lighting. I run orbx US without vector, payware airports, pmdg or fslabs, black marble vector and base (these seem to shimmer in the distance), active sky, sky force. Anyone else getting this and know what I can adjust?

Win10, Gigabyte Aorus Z270x Gaming 5, LGA 1151, Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7700K (4.7GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling, 16GB G.Skill DDR4 SDRAM 2400MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, PCI Express 3.0, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 500GB Samsung EVO 850 Solid State Drive (SSD)

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

This is known issue that started to appear for most with the introduction to 4.1.  The only current cure is to back off your Autogen Density slider to the left until the problem disappears on your sim.

Alan

Very poor texture memory management. LM is the only ones that can address it.

Eric 

Ok.. Thanks.  I knew about that somewhat but didn't seem to be as bad in 4.1 as it is in 4.2. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Known and very discussed issue that as been around since V4, unfortunately it seems that LM didnt fix this yet in 4.2, my fix for 4.1 was to lock frames, and i just notice this with faster planes!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I had a lot of issues with light popping when I tried using Black Marble and there was nothing that could be done due to the fact it is landclass based lighting..  I use FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC and get no obvious light popping. The ORBX light configurator helps as you can adjust the size/mix of the lights  I also use FXAA when night flying as it greatly reduces the shimmering lights.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I had a lot of issues with light popping when I tried using Black Marble and there was nothing that could be done due to the fact it is landclass based lighting..  I use FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC and get no obvious light popping. The ORBX light configurator helps as you can adjust the size/mix of the lights  I also use FXAA when night flying as it greatly reduces the shimmering lights.

Do you find FXAA hurts performance? I'm keen to try it. I will run it through Nvidia Inspector though as I hear it's better that way.

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Do you find FXAA hurts performance? I'm keen to try it. I will run it through Nvidia Inspector though as I hear it's better that way.

I think it can hit performance a little bit especially on high resolution screens.  I am using 3440x1440 but to be honest I really don't notice a hit.  I do tend to turn it off in daytime though as things are a bit more sharp, especially in the VC without it.  I use the FXAA within the sim and have not tried it through NI.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I think it can hit performance a little bit especially on high resolution screens.  I am using 3440x1440 but to be honest I really don't notice a hit.  I do tend to turn it off in daytime though as things are a bit more sharp, especially in the VC without it.  I use the FXAA within the sim and have not tried it through NI.

I encourage you to try it in NI (leave off in P3D). No hit at all and VC stays sharp. I'm on a 4k 55in TV with a 1080Ti.

Eric