Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Just bought the FSL A320

As the title says, I just bought the FSL A320 a few moments ago and after a short test flight, I have to say it really is something incredible! I’ll have to start pouring over the tutorials tomorrow on how to fly it, and spend many hours in the pattern retraining my Boeing flying style, but man am I excited to do so! My only regret so far is not buying it sooner, it is that good! 

Feels so bad cheating on my Boeing’s but at the same time it feels oh so right! 

• Upvote 9

It really is something, isn't it? It's my favorite add on, part of it is bias due to the A320 being my favorite aircraft in RL haha. But there is just something about the FSL A320 that makes it special, it feels so alive

Congrats John, it really is a very special aircraft.

Like Adam said it feels alive.

Its a dream to hand fly, but be warned it’s “different “ to land.

If it would help you pm me your email and I will sent you over my PDF I made and use for every fight it should make life very easy for you.

Anyway, enjoy it, it’s an amazing simulation.

Yes you have a lot to learn but it’s a great ride.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Congrats John, it really is a very special aircraft.

Like Adam said it feels alive.

Its a dream to hand fly, but be warned it’s “different “ to land.

If it would help you pm me your email and I will sent you over my PDF I made and use for every fight it should make life very easy for you.

Anyway, enjoy it, it’s an amazing simulation.

Yes you have a lot to learn but it’s a great ride.

+1 

Really a great simulation - Love the FlyByWire so much.

Can i "check out" your PDF David ? :cool:

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I’ll never be able to master the FSL A320 as I still love my PMDG 737 and their 747 and the A2A fleet, and the Tw’otter is great fun, as is Flysimware’s 441 and arggggghhhhhhh too many awesome addons to ever by able to master and I can’t just pick one !!!

and hopefully FSL will do their Concorde for V4 so that’d Be another bird eating up my time.

Would be happy to just land the bus tho, I see where Nyxx’s comment is coming from. 

Tony Morel

I bought it last September a few weeks before the P3Dv4 version released, buying both FSX and p3d upgrade versions, meaning I even returned to FSX from p3dv4 for a month just to fly the A320 (jumped from p3d v2.5 to 4).  I can honestly say that since I bought it, despite having the NGX, Q400 and QOTS2 in my P3Dv4 hangar and many more in FSX, I've done no more than 10 flights in the 747 and q400, and poor old NGX and others haven't had a look in.  Every other flight since September has been in the a320 and that's generally 5 to 6 flights a week.  Lovely to hand-fly, just feels real and alive in the VC, and with the latest update it's flying even better, despite having a somewhat aged computer setup.  

Despite it generally coping ok on 8GB of RAM albeit with occasional stutters, after reading of David's initial woes with the update and v4.2, I followed his lead and have also ordered another 8gig of RAM to take me up to 16gigs, hopefully should arrive in the next few days.

Awesome aircraft, and looking forward to the A319.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

49 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

+1 

Really a great simulation - Love the FlyByWire so much.

Can i "check out" your PDF David ? :cool:

Thanks

Michael Moe

ofc just PM me your emil Michael.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I also love the A320. It's harder on my system than the PMDG stuff, but I have the feeling that the latest update brought some performance back.

A FS2Crew Copilot would be nice now. It feels a little bit alone in the cockpit. But the plane itself is truely special. Try an engine failure and it will bring the sweat all over your body :-D

2 hours ago, TMorel said:

I’ll never be able to master the FSL A320 as I still love my PMDG 737 and their 747 and the A2A fleet, and the Tw’otter is great fun, as is Flysimware’s 441 and arggggghhhhhhh too many awesome addons to ever by able to master and I can’t just pick one !!!

and hopefully FSL will do their Concorde for V4 so that’d Be another bird eating up my time.

Would be happy to just land the bus tho, I see where Nyxx’s comment is coming from. 

My grammar and spelling is always terrable. But this might help?

If you find your landing at 200+VS, easy to do. This is sort of how I do it. A HOTAS WARTHOG helps a lot. anyway...

1000ft AP off.

until 500 you can follow flight directors. After that I keep between threshold  and the start of the runway touchdown on the same place on your screen, it should now be a fix spot that does not move. What that means is that's where i'm going to land. If its moving towards you or away thatd not right.

At 50ft I apply a very small amount of back pressure on my stick (very small) also you should be looking at the end of the runway not where you going to touch down. At 40 ft is were I start to arrest the VS. Between 30 and 20 you need to get a nice sight picture, When you hear my name being called out (retard):biggrin: think of it as nothing more than a reminder NOT a command. At 10 ft retard and you will still need to have back pressure. The land is really about constand very small back presser all the way from 40-0ft. It wants to land unlike an NG that wants to float.

• Upvote 5

A good test of the FBW and your bottle is..

Take off LaGuardia, at 3000' light the APU and kill the engines, then land in the Hudson!

Keep the stick back at 50' and FBW should give you around 130 at 8 degrees?

Dont forget to turn off collision detection!!

Fun!:biggrin:

6 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

As the title says, I just bought the FSL A320 a few moments ago and after a short test flight, I have to say it really is something incredible! I’ll have to start pouring over the tutorials tomorrow on how to fly it, and spend many hours in the pattern retraining my Boeing flying style, but man am I excited to do so! My only regret so far is not buying it sooner, it is that good! 

Feels so bad cheating on my Boeing’s but at the same time it feels oh so right! 

Amazing aircraft enjoy it Milton also my preferred add-on, so many little details :-)

• Upvote 2

André

Just now, charlie130 said:

A good test of the FBW and your bottle is..

Take off LaGuardia, at 3000' light the APU and kill the engines, then land in the Hudson!

Keep the stick back at 50' and FBW should give you around 130 at 8 degrees?

Dont forget to turn off collision detection!!

Fun!:biggrin:

:biggrin:

André

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

I'm waiting for Aerosoft.

Hi Eric. 

I'm also now interested in the upcoming Aerosoft version, but have been unable to find much info.  Is there even a vague idea of when this is due for release, or even at what stage its currently at?

7 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Hi Eric. 

I'm also now interested in the upcoming Aerosoft version, but have been unable to find much info.  Is there even a vague idea of when this is due for release, or even at what stage its currently at?

Perhaps a topic on the aerosoft Airbus version might be better Phil/Eric. The one's on FSL can get very off topic and it would be nice to have this one stay on topic. No offence

Here is link for you Phil. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130620-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-5/ 

Your looking at the end of March I would say for the 318-319.