Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Just bought the FSL A320

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Perhaps a topic on the aerosoft Airbus version might be better Phil/Eric. The one's on FSL can get very off topic and it would be nice to have this one stay on topic. No offence

Here is link for you Phil. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130620-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-5/ 

Your looking at the end of March I would say for the 318-319. 

Indeed. Fair point and thanks for the link

11 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Hi Eric. 

I'm also now interested in the upcoming Aerosoft version, but have been unable to find much info.  Is there even a vague idea of when this is due for release, or even at what stage its currently at?

Vague ideia there is, is near (finally) i follow their thread about it on a daily basis, and the first to be delivered is going to be the A318/319 14 days later the A320, when exactly we dont know yet, they are fixing the last bugs.

A birth hard to deliver this one :P

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

17 minutes ago, Captain Campion said:

Perfect definition of every Airbus ever in Flight Simulator&P3D :tongue:

And CRJ. 200.gif

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Its a dream to hand fly, but be warned it’s “different “ to land.

I’ve a,ready figured that out to an extent, very weird when you’re used to Boeing’s:biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

She’s a truly exquisite bird, highly recommend so far if you have the means!

What is it that most impresses you which is different from the PMDG line.

• Upvote 1

It’s an amazing aircraft, currently my favourite.  Once you get used to the differences from a Boeing I think you will find it quite easy to fly.

I’m eagerly looking forward to the A319.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

44 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It will be interesting to read John thoughts Erich, i also like to read other people thoughts.

Personally the following on it v PMDG.

I love flying the NG and still do. It has a great feel and that's almost impossible to put into words. The 777 is a fantastic aircraft, I would say its more automated than the A320. Very easy to learn. Both aircraft are stunning and anyone could ask what more could you want? If that's how you feel about them then you might be able to relate to this.

The FSL takes anything you have in the above and lefts it to a level personally i've not seen or heard before. When you first "sit" in this aircraft and press a button you can wince/jump and think "what have I just done!" When from Cold and Dark (I use on ground power) when I first pressed the ground power available button to on, I jumped in my seat.:laugh:

When you goto a inside wing view you hear all the normal cabin noise, the PA is like nothing else in any aircraft. 

The sounds in the VC are on a level were you do really feel your sitting in a A320.  

The Engine sounds, both sets of engines are totally different and just mindblowing to hear. Also the two engine performs differently and you can feel it and hear it.

Then theres is the way it hand flys. set it how you want and it just stays there. It's just edictive.

Its no NG or 777 to land you have to work at it and it will show how good or bad you are. Were doing a greaser in the NG/777 is easy not so in the A320 until you get the hang of it and even then get cocky and it will bite you. From -1000 and even more so from -70 ft you will be totally focused and alert like no other aircraft i've flown.

The PMDG NG/777 feel like a fantastic simulation of the two aircrafts The FSL feels like you just stepped into a Level D simulation. It's a different level that you need to A) have a good setup to run it B) Use it to know what it's really like.

You need a PC minimum with 16GB and a 1070 to run it imo I had to upgrade my RAM because 8GB is a no go with this aircraft. So unless you set your setting right and have the PC to run it it's all the above if not then you will have FPS and stutters.

I look forward to Johns thoughts.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guest Mik75

So, all is well again? ;-)

The plane is alright at best and the systems are good, however for the amount you pay for it, the framerate is truly unacceptable. In my complete opinion I would wait for the Aerosoft Buses to come to V4. Pretty much impossible to use this plane if you have a plane without top level specs.

There’s no aircraft that makes me as excited to shove the throttles forward on takeoff.  Especially with the sound improvements in the latest update, the immersion is incredible and you really feel like you have two beastly engines behind you pushing you down the runway.

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, regis9 said:

There’s no aircraft that makes me as excited to shove the throttles forward on takeoff.  Especially with the sound improvements in the latest update, the immersion is incredible and you really feel like you have two beastly engines behind you pushing you down the runway.

If only I could feel this at 30 frames per second instead of 10 frames per second. Pretty dissappointed in FSLabs for that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuperDS12 said:

If only I could feel this at 30 frames per second instead of 10 frames per second. Pretty dissappointed in FSLabs for that.

What PC specs to you have? 

If its less than CPU running @4.2 less than 16GB RAM and a 1070 then yes it's going to be a no go. It is the most demanding aircraft we can buy. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

51 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Obviously the Airbus way of doing things, but the sounds are truly next level, the animations in the VC are fluid, and everything just feels so polished. My first flight has me depart from EDHI, and I loaded engines running and ready to fly. The first thing I noticed was it moving on it’s own, at idle thrust which I had never experienced before (I was flying the IAE variant).The second I pushed those throttles forward, I got goosebumps. The sounds in the cockpit, as noted above, are mind blowing and make you feel like you’re really sitting in the cockpit. Rotation was fairly normal, except I found out the hard way that the rudders are a bit more sensitive than the 777, and off we went into the air. Right away, it felt weird. I’m used to, even in the 777, manually trim to be able and let go of the controls without a drop or rise of the nose, but immediately as I was airborne I left go of the controls and it just flew. It was one of the weirdest experiences I’ve ever had in flightsim thus far, it’s just so different from anything else I’ve flown. I circled back around to make an approach and really loved how it would maintain a constant descent rate almost effortlessly and it felt so smooth to line up with the extended centerline, normally I’d have to make a series of corrections to get back aligned but it seemed to do this with only a few flicks of the side stick. Landing was a different story, I never really realized how much it’ll plummet if you’re not careful and tended to overflare due to me pulling back and holding it, as I would in a Boeing. After a few more flights, I eventually got to the point where I wasn’t slamming it into the ground but it will definitely take some work oh my part to really master. Lastly, as I rolled to a stop and was trying to spin around to exit on a nearby taxiway, I found the nose wheel to have laughable authority in turning..until I remembered FSL has modeled a separate tiller function that needs to be activated manually, all was good! This truly is a one of a kind aircraft and look forward to its trans-oceanic delivery flight I’m planning to do soon, thanks to @Nyxx whose comments on the FSL were a big part of my decision to buy it, and I wasn’t let down in any way, shape, or form! More to come hopefully in the coming days and weeks as I begin to learn the A320 inside and out!

• Upvote 2

Yeah I have 16gb of speedy ram, i7700k at 4.8ghz and a gtx 1070 and I get good fps.

Dave