Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Just bought the FSL A320

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

When you goto a inside wing view you hear all the normal cabin noise,

That's a winner for me.  I'm definitely a sound guy so this is great news.  You never truly get a sense of sounds when watching Twitch streams.

My only dilemma is that I have a yoke system and will need to buy a joystick system to truly get a sense of flying an Airbus.  I don't like mixing yoke aircraft with with stick controllers and visa versa.

I'm looking at the Logitch (Saitek) X-56.  Anyone using this with it?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ErichB said:

My only dilemma is that I have a yoke system and will need to buy a joystick system to truly get a sense of flying an Airbus.  I don't like mixing yoke aircraft with with stick controllers and visa versa.

Same here. I’m looking at the Logitech 3D stick, seems solid for a great price and I already have a throttle quadrant from my yoke.

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Congrats John, it really is a very special aircraft.

Like Adam said it feels alive.

Its a dream to hand fly, but be warned it’s “different “ to land.

If it would help you pm me your email and I will sent you over my PDF I made and use for every fight it should make life very easy for you.

Anyway, enjoy it, it’s an amazing simulation.

Yes you have a lot to learn but it’s a great ride.

how do you mean different? COmpared to rl or?

Oh, could you pm that too. I just started to fly the fslabs... so still learning.. lotsy

Victor Roos

5 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

how do you mean different?

The Airbus logic on flight controls makes it a different experience to land if you’re used to Boeing’s, a flick of the side stick and it’ll maintain that bank on its own with input required to roll it back.

9 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

how do you mean different? COmpared to rl or?

Oh, could you pm that too. I just started to fly the fslabs... so still learning.. lotsy

As John has said above

If you want the PDF

You need to PM me your email Victor.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

thanks to @Nyxx whose comments on the FSL were a big part of my decision to buy it, and I wasn’t let down in any way, shape, or form! More to come hopefully in the coming days and weeks as I begin to learn the A320 inside and out!

That's very kind of you John.

I hope you have many many hours of enjoyment with the Bus and hope the PDF that I use for every flight helps you on your journey.

Look at your email , I've sent you something else as a thank you.:cool:

David. 

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Would love to sink my teeth into this plane, but the lack of multi-crew support is the deciding factor for me. IMO, without that support, it lessens the simulation experience to a degree.  However, it seems everyone whose bought this aircraft has a sort of visceral reaction to it, in a good way of course.  I truly feel like I'm missing out.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

5 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Would love to sink my teeth into this plane, but the lack of multi-crew support is the deciding factor for me. 

Is there any plan for FSLabs to introduce shared cockpit?

4 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I truly feel like I'm missing out.

Not to be “that guy” but you are:biggrin:

Multi-crew would be an amazing compliment to the A320 and I **think** it’s being looked into by FSL.

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Is there any plan for FSLabs to introduce shared cockpit?

I think they’ve said it’s in their roadmap but I haven’t heard much else from them.

21 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Would love to sink my teeth into this plane, but the lack of multi-crew support is the deciding factor for me. IMO, without that support, it lessens the simulation experience to a degree.  However, it seems everyone whose bought this aircraft has a sort of visceral reaction to it, in a good way of course.  I truly feel like I'm missing out.

Dylan, for years now I used Multi Crew Experience, each aircraft including FSLabs A320 is interfaced with your co-pilot whom you can dialog with in many ways (scripts are fairly wide and you can create your own if you wish) for checklists, cockpit interactions, and on top of it, you (or your cop-pilot) also deal with ATC through voice recognition whether you use stock ATC or ATC add-ons... So to deprive yourself of the A320 just for the lack of multi crew support is not right, why don't you try MCE trial version free and decide if it's for you, then if satisfied, buy your FSLabs A320, and I bet you will! 

• Upvote 1

This linked forum article regarding Airbus flare logic may help those learning to land her.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/43244/why-is-it-not-recommended-to-hold-the-nose-up-on-the-a320-after-touchdown

"In flight mode the stick commands a load-factor. Which means it will be impossible to flare the aircraft, because as you pull on the stick, you'll be commanding a positive g-load.

Because of this the Airbus has a flare mode which activates at 50' RA. At 50' the pitch angle is stored (memorized). At 30' the aircraft commands a 2° nose down (it takes 8 seconds). The pilot would gently counter this by pulling back, resulting in a nice flare and no increase in the auto-thrust.

If the pilot did not float for way too long (they should not), the plane will touchdown before the 8 seconds pass, further eliminating the need to push forward on the stick to keep the nose gear planted.

The logic reverts to ground mode when two conditions are met: on ground for 5 seconds and pitch angle <2.5°."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

This linked forum article regarding Airbus flare logic may help those learning to land her.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/43244/why-is-it-not-recommended-to-hold-the-nose-up-on-the-a320-after-touchdown

"In flight mode the stick commands a load-factor. Which means it will be impossible to flare the aircraft, because as you pull on the stick, you'll be commanding a positive g-load.

Because of this the Airbus has a flare mode which activates at 50' RA. At 50' the pitch angle is stored (memorized). At 30' the aircraft commands a 2° nose down (it takes 8 seconds). The pilot would gently counter this by pulling back, resulting in a nice flare and no increase in the auto-thrust.

If the pilot did not float for way too long (they should not), the plane will touchdown before the 8 seconds pass, further eliminating the need to push forward on the stick to keep the nose gear planted.

The logic reverts to ground mode when two conditions are met: on ground for 5 seconds and pitch angle <2.5°."

Great link.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Same here. I’m looking at the Logitech 3D stick, seems solid for a great price.

You might consider a Thrustmaster T16000M. I used it around a year before changing to an ACC Sidestick and found it quite solid and precise. There was a thread in the FSL forum a while ago, some A320 pilots in their beta team used it as well.

It also includes a kit to change from right to left hand operation within minutes. 

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

37 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I think they’ve said it’s in their roadmap but I haven’t heard much else from them.

I honestly cant understand the reluctance to implement this in all modern aircraft as a standard feature.