Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Just bought the FSL A320

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Perhaps a topic on the aerosoft Airbus version might be better Phil/Eric. The one's on FSL can get very off topic and it would be nice to have this one stay on topic. No offence

Here is link for you Phil. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130620-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-5/ 

Your looking at the end of March I would say for the 318-319. 

I agree David, likely end of March or early April. Reason I know? Because on April 3rd I leave on vacation untill the 22nd. Of course!!

David, I think your PDF will likely help me with any Airbus system, I send you a PM if you would be so kind as to send it to me. Much appreciated!

Eric 

5 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

You might consider a Thrustmaster T16000M.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll definitely look into it!

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I honestly cant understand the reluctance to implement this in all modern aircraft as a standard feature.

I imagine it’s purely based on their workload, they’ve got the A320 to update, the A319, A321, A320 SL, the Concorde v4 reboot, and the A320 Professional, as well as their undisclosed aircraft on their plates. Not enough hours in the day it seems like!

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

I imagine it’s purely based on their workload, they’ve got the A320 to update, the A319, A321, A320 SL, the Concorde v4 reboot, and the A320 Professional, as well as their undisclosed aircraft on their plates. Not enough hours in the day it seems like!

Not if it forms part of the original project plan and timeframe - like it has been with Aerosoft.

I must admit, I didn't fly this aircraft as much until the recent free FSLabs update supporting P3D V4.2 ... performance is excellent, sound is excellent, visuals are excellent, systems are very deep ... I didn't know much about "Laws" (flight control modes) until I got into this aircraft ... Normal, Alternate, Abnormal Alternate, Direct, and Mechanical Backup.  So has anyone tried "Mechanical Backup"?

The laws: http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Looking forward to the Concord for P3D V4.

4 hours ago, SuperDS12 said:

If only I could feel this at 30 frames per second instead of 10 frames per second. Pretty dissappointed in FSLabs for that.

Well then I'm doing something wrong 35+ fps :cool:

André

29 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

How well is 4.1 performance?

It’s a bit worse than the NG, but not by much. I’m using 4.2 with v232 of the A320, performance has really skyrocketed since the initial v4 release though.

8 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

It’s a bit worse than the NG, but not by much. I’m using 4.2 with v232 of the A320, performance has really skyrocketed since the initial v4 release though.

A 'bit worse' come on mate it's alot more hard on the  cpu and gfx card than the Ngx,  no need to sugar coat it.  Be realistic.  Try running it in 4k with the textures high and you'll struggle trust me.  There's topic after topic on thier forum about it.  Why can't people say things as they are in this hobby

• Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

A 'bit worse' come on mate it's alot more hard on the  cpu and gfx card than the Ngx,  no need to sugar coat it.  Be realistic 

Well that is per system different, and I have similar performance as the NG ;-)

André

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

A 'bit worse' come on mate it's alot more hard on the  cpu and gfx card than the Ngx,  no need to sugar coat it.  Be realistic.  Try running it in 4k with the textures high and you'll struggle trust me.  There's topic after topic on thier forum about it.  Why can't people say things as they are in this hobby

Pete, this is obviously just my experience and it will depend largely on your settings and resolution. Obviously 4K and high res textures will bring any system to its knees, just limitations of the hardware at the moment. I’m personally running a 6700k, 1070, and 16gb of ram with medium sliders for scenery and max for terrain, shadows are on high and special effects are on medium. 1440p with FXAA on, anisotropic filtering on 16x, and MSAA on 8x. For me personally, it’s about 2-4 fewer FPS less than the NG, with the same settings. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tooting said:

Same FPS test I do for all aircraft on my PC, not 4k 

Default aircraft =105-110

NG/777............= 58-60

FSL..................= 40-45

MD 80..............= 46-52

Just testing after this FPS get locked @25 for all the above.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

Try running it in 4k with the textures high and you'll struggle trust me.  

Please listen to This! It's why im now Downgrading to 1080p

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

12 minutes ago, awf said:

Well that is per system different, and I have similar performance as the NG ;-)

In 4k?? With textures above 1086?? I must be doing something wrong I've been tweaking for 4 days solid. It will just about work in 4k but with 2056 textures, trilinear AF and no dynamic lighting.  Anything higher your knackered 

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Please listen to This! It's why im now Downgrading to 1080p

It's why I stay at 1080x1920 :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip