Sign in to follow this  
xender

Loading a saved flight doesnt work

Ahh i will check that and will let you know as soon as i return, next sunday

Juan Ramos

One thing I forgot to mention... if you update the Maddog, then saved flights from the previous version will not work, you have to create a new flight. this is the same for other third party aircraft (depending on what was updated).

I know the above wasn't originally your issue, but there will be another update by the time you arrive home and I didn't want you to get hung up trying to load a flight from a previous version.

Safe travels my friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@DaveCT2003 Hey! I just found the issue and its fairly easy to reproduce it. Check this out:

First a little background: I love to refuel the plane with the included refueling system (Not with the load manager) so what i do is this: I set the 3 tanks to 0 in the load manager and use the maddog refueling panel.

Problem: When i reload a saved flight, it loads with the fuel that is set in the load manager (0, in my case), not with the fuel the plane had when i saved the flight. So, since my load manager is always set to 0 in the fuel fields, the plane loads with both engines off, the generators are off (obviously) so everything is dead.

I just did a little test: I loaded a saved flight: Everything is dead. So i closed the sim, opened the load manager and set 500 in every tank. Then i fired the sim, loaded the flight and guess what? the plane is alive and well.

Juan Ramos

Yesterday I loaded a saved flight for the first time within the MaddogX. Everthing was set as I left the flightdeck, except both clocks, they started from zero again.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, xender said:

@DaveCT2003 Hey! I just found the issue and its fairly easy to reproduce it. Check this out:

First a little background: I love to refuel the plane with the included refueling system (Not with the load manager) so what i do is this: I set the 3 tanks to 0 in the load manager and use the maddog refueling panel.

Problem: When i reload a saved flight, it loads with the fuel that is set in the load manager (0, in my case), not with the fuel the plane had when i saved the flight. So, since my load manager is always set to 0 in the fuel fields, the plane loads with both engines off, the generators are off (obviously) so everything is dead.

I just did a little test: I loaded a saved flight: Everything is dead. So i closed the sim, opened the load manager and set 500 in every tank. Then i fired the sim, loaded the flight and guess what? the plane is alive and well.

That is interesting!  I'm going to ask Davide to take a look at this.  Thanks so very much for your time and effort!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Is it required to use the "serialize panel" option in P3Dv4 to save all cockpit states?

I don't have it selected in my sim, and I have no problem loading saved flights.

Dave Hodges

12 minutes ago, airlinetycoon said:

Yesterday I loaded a saved flight for the first time within the MaddogX. Everthing was set as I left the flightdeck, except both clocks, they started from zero again.

Would you please check to see if you have "Refueled Aircraft" selected in the Load Manager?

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

17 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That is interesting!  I'm going to ask Davide to take a look at this.  Thanks so very much for your time and effort!

Thanks dave

Do you think i need to create a ticket with this one or this post will suffice? 

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, xender said:

This seems to be normal...

No fuel in tanks, no APU running (if you left the aircraft with the APU on in the saved flight).

We will try to add in the future a way to "remember" the remaining fuel for a saved flight or the last remaining fuel.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

No @Meekg what i mean is this:

1) I start a flight, lets say from TNCM to KMIA. On the load manager i set 0 for the fuel on each tank
2) I do my preflight, fueling the aircraft with the included refuel panel inside the aircraft
3) I take off and reach cruise altitude.
4) For some real life reason i cant finish the flight so i save it in cruise. The aircraft at this stage has fuel to complete the flight. Lets say it has 8,000 kg remaining (just an example)
5) Later when i return, i fire the sim again and reload the flight to continue to my destination. Guess what? The plane doesn't load back with its 8,000 kg of fuel. It reloads in cruise where i left it but the fuel isn't restored. The flight loads with the fuel that is currently set in the load manager, on my case that's 0, so i end with the flight restored but without any fuel, ending with an unusable flight.

In order to make it work, i have to note the amount of fuel currently on the aircraft so later when i try to reload the flight i have to add that amount of fuel in the load manager.

Juan Ramos

It;s not normal. I already submitted a bug report.

Thanks my friend!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

The thanks goes to you Juan. What you found is anything but straight forward, and I suspect I know the reason the software is doing that!  Not many people would haven't found that.

Best wishes my friend.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

As of now, although it's not ideal it is normal, meaning it is behaving as it's programmed to:

Saved flight DO save fuel in tanks,

however by having 0/0/0 in LM and refueled aircraft selected in the options you are forcing the tanks to be empty upon loading the Maddog.

Upon reloading/launching ANY flight, the FUEL in tanks is set to: Load Manager fuel if you tick the "refueled aircraft" in the Simulator Options OR your saved flight fuel if you untick it.

Like I said we might change the logic in the future for it to be more user-friendly.

For the time being can you please try the following:

Before loading the saved flight:

- UNTICK refueled aircraft in LM simulator options.

- Save and exit LM

- Load saved flight

Let us know what’s the fuel in tanks now.

Edited by Meekg

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif