Sign in to follow this  
RoyalToto

Improvements & Problems

Good afternoon.

First of all my compliments about the release for the MADDOG.
Even if I have to say, I am a bit disappointed.
Compared to the version I use for the Dash, this version is quite basic and I thin a lot of improvements should be done, to make this product as excellent as the other.
Dont get me wrong. I like it and its usefully. But it misses some details to be great. 

But what is very annoying. 

1. The mute button doesn't work. Not the hard and not the soft-mute. Even after the update.
  2. My headset is not selected as sound output, even if it is selected in the panel. 
  3. The panel doesn't like to be in my 2nd monitor. The sub-panel still opens in front of the cockpit.

I hope you can fix this and keep up the good work

Thank you and very best regards, Torsten

And please, update the panel textures.

Very low textures and i've bought a new fscrew module with full price, not the old maddog module.

I was expecting a quality almost the same as your new modules.

Miguel Leandro

Hi guys,

1. The MD82 is not a Dash 8.  Each version is modeled on one airline's SOPs.  Turboprops by their nature are more involved than jets.  They're usually much less automated, so there's an appearance of greater work load.

In my view the Maddog is actually more advanced than the Dash 8.   It has FO takeoff's, which are unique.

2. Mute button I'll check, but I tested it in development and it worked then.  If it somehow got broken, I'll fix it.

3. After selecting your audio device on the Config Panel, you need to press "HS" on the FS2Crew Main panel.  That's the same as every FS2Crew.

4. Panel opening on 2nd monitor.  Not really sure I follow.  The position is predefined in the panel.cfg file like any other FS window.  If you know how to edit panel.cfg files, you can change the default window position to any place you like.

5. The GUI was redone and re-textured.  In fact, it was done by Steffano, one of the dev's for the Maddog aircraft.  I'm not really sure what more I can say about the GUI, other than it does the job.

Best,

Yep. I get the M. But the green text shows still what i am saying.....
Will check that later...
Thanks for your replies 

On 22.2.2018 at 1:28 PM, byork said:

Hi guys,

1. The MD82 is not a Dash 8.  Each version is modeled on one airline's SOPs.  Turboprops by their nature are more involved than jets.  They're usually much less automated, so there's an appearance of greater work load.

Best,

That is no the point here unfortunately. The Dash is a more advanced FS2CREW (not to speak of the NGX or the 747) which has nothing to do with Prop vs. Jet. This is an old version ported over to the new Maddog. Where are briefings? Ground Crew voice cammands? Dialing the radios? Setting DA/ DH? Multiple SOPs? etc.

Then antiquate stuff: The timer is hidden in the settings panel, no customisation etc.

I used to be a huge fan of FS2Crew and a huge supporter as well but since the P3Dv4 pricing and now with this release it feels like just cashing in.  

6 hours ago, Mad_X said:

That is no the point here unfortunately. The Dash is a more advanced FS2CREW (not to speak of the NGX or the 747) which has nothing to do with Prop vs. Jet. This is an old version ported over to the new Maddog. Where are briefings? Ground Crew voice cammands? Dialing the radios? Setting DA/ DH? Multiple SOPs? etc.

That's precisely what I meant.
I miss a little improvement here.
That there is a difference between props and jetliners, point taken.
But since I worked for American Airlines, with a lot of Super 80.s, I know the workload and you could have be done much more. 

I'm not talking about pricing. I'm willing to pay for good software, but this one is disappointing (at least for me).
Till now, FS2Crew was a must have for me. But in this version I can not suggest anybody buying it.

I hope you can do improvements. Like not showing what is said if the mike is muted. Should be an easy programming issue.

Many regards, T.J. 

1 minute ago, byork said:

That's easy to do.  We can do that in an update.

Great. Thanks
And maybe some more (briefings, etc)??? 

2 minutes ago, byork said:

This is a voice control product.  Briefings are really only for Button Control.

Okay, learned something new.....

On 24.2.2018 at 1:51 AM, RoyalToto said:

But since I worked for American Airlines, with a lot of Super 80.s, I know the workload and you could have be done much more. 

Can you specify what you mean with much more ? What exactly ?

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

much more

Good evening
Well, compered to the Dash, the windows are a bit unsatisfying. 
Like the briefing items and the whole interaction is a bit dusty.
I worked as FAA dispatcher and have somewhat flight deck hours on the super80.
Since I am working nights at the moment, I can not fly the "dog" at the moment. Also a project with a 747 takes some time at the moment.
https://www.gooieneemlander.nl/nieuws/747-als-museum-en-blikvanger
I guess, I will have time to fly on Wednesday again, having a firmer look into it and come with some suggestions.
At first I would like to see the tool not repeating when the mike is muted. 

Many Regards, Torsten

Edited by RoyalToto

19 minutes ago, RoyalToto said:

Like the briefing items and the whole interaction is a bit dusty.

Oh, ok. I thought you meant items related to crew coordination.

To be honest, I don`t care about the looks of panel windows or whatever. Just making a few selections on the config panel and then forget about appearance and just go flying.

It`s the crew coordination flow what counts and that works like a charm. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080