Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Dynamic Lightning at some airports too bright

Hello guys,

I've a problem with PTA. The Dynamic Lightning is too bright at some airports, but the most airports are fine. Any idea?

I used different sets and also ENVSHADE to check, but is really hard to find one which is ok.

Any idea?

llhBtHu.jpg

qwNjwRA.jpg

I use the same settings on both airports (Jetstream LFML  and Aerosoft EDDT)

Thanks Urmel

(I mooved this post from the Megapost thread)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This happens with a lot of aerosoft airports... One thing I found that helped was lowering the autogen emissive lighting value to 0.8... it might not help the ground lighting issue, as those are a mixture of bmp files (prelit) and dynamic lighting... turning down bloom would help with that. 

I have tried to find a good Nightlighting - Dynamic Lighting conpromise which is used in my All Months preset .

You could try and sed what it does ...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I have tried to find a good Nightlighting - Dynamic Lighting conpromise which is used in my All Months preset .

You could try and sed what it does ...

the same problem.

which setting is for the brightness from the dynamic lightning?

Edited by Urmel81

There is no PTA setting to control the brightness of dynamic lights and I guess it wouldn´t really make much sense to add that option. If you lower the brightness of light sources globally by modifying the shaders all lights in your sim will get darker, not only the ones in Tegel for example. You simply can´t lower the brightness of a particular addon with PTA.

The dynamic lights are defined in effect (fx) files of any 3rd party addons which are located in the effect folder of the sim or the airport itself. You can try to modify that light definitions in the fx files by yourself what might be a bit difficult without any knowledge. Maybe you should have a look the LMs SDK documentation. You can also try to take an effect file from an airport which dynamic lighting you find dark enough and copy its content (or the whole file(s)) into the file(s) of an airport you want to correct.

Ok, maybe I had to clarify:

The Picture from Tegel is really ok (the brightness from the dynamic lightning)

WRONG: The upper picture from LFML is to bright.

With no PTA: everything is fine - LFML too (but PTA is missing of course), with PTA: LFML and some other are too bright. (so it's something within PTA!)

Thanks