Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Dynamic Lightning at some airports too bright

Hello guys,

I've a problem with PTA. The Dynamic Lightning is too bright at some airports, but the most airports are fine. Any idea?

I used different sets and also ENVSHADE to check, but is really hard to find one which is ok.

Any idea?

llhBtHu.jpg

qwNjwRA.jpg

I use the same settings on both airports (Jetstream LFML  and Aerosoft EDDT)

Thanks Urmel

(I mooved this post from the Megapost thread)

This happens with a lot of aerosoft airports... One thing I found that helped was lowering the autogen emissive lighting value to 0.8... it might not help the ground lighting issue, as those are a mixture of bmp files (prelit) and dynamic lighting... turning down bloom would help with that. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I have tried to find a good Nightlighting - Dynamic Lighting conpromise which is used in my All Months preset .

You could try and sed what it does ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I have tried to find a good Nightlighting - Dynamic Lighting conpromise which is used in my All Months preset .

You could try and sed what it does ...

the same problem.

which setting is for the brightness from the dynamic lightning?

Edited by Urmel81

There is no PTA setting to control the brightness of dynamic lights and I guess it wouldn´t really make much sense to add that option. If you lower the brightness of light sources globally by modifying the shaders all lights in your sim will get darker, not only the ones in Tegel for example. You simply can´t lower the brightness of a particular addon with PTA.

The dynamic lights are defined in effect (fx) files of any 3rd party addons which are located in the effect folder of the sim or the airport itself. You can try to modify that light definitions in the fx files by yourself what might be a bit difficult without any knowledge. Maybe you should have a look the LMs SDK documentation. You can also try to take an effect file from an airport which dynamic lighting you find dark enough and copy its content (or the whole file(s)) into the file(s) of an airport you want to correct.

Ok, maybe I had to clarify:

The Picture from Tegel is really ok (the brightness from the dynamic lightning)

WRONG: The upper picture from LFML is to bright.

With no PTA: everything is fine - LFML too (but PTA is missing of course), with PTA: LFML and some other are too bright. (so it's something within PTA!)

Thanks

Did anyone ever solve this? I have the same, some sceneries are ok, others like EDDF from Frankfurt is way to bright.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This is in the developers hand. You could try with lower brightness and/or bloom settings...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This isn't to do with PTA, this is scenery devs as far as I can see. Some devs have patched their dynamic lights to be less bright (for example Aerosoft fixed the Heathrow one).

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Yup, I checked several airports yesterday evening and some are not to bright, example EDDK. On EDDK, the night lighting and appearance is just plain perfect, on EDDF, LSZH and other AS airports, it seems like the ground textures and taxiways have an illumination underneath them. I will submit a support ticket...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi there,

I've got good news because I found a post at the supportforum of simmershome.de (thanks to member Artox67) in which was described how to adjust the strenght of dynamic lightning on the "professional" airports of Aerosoft.

This is the solution:

- go to the installation folder of the airport (e.g. F:\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional)

- folder "effects"

- search for files with an "-E" at the end (e.g. AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E.fx)

- open them with editor

- edit the number in red:

[ParticleAttributes.0]

Color Start=65, 62, 30, 0

Color End=252, 241, 190, 60//120 the 60 is the new number, the //120 is inactive (just a reminder of the old value)

Bounce=0.00

X Scale Goal=0.00

Y Scale Goal=0.00

Z Scale Goal=0.00

Falloff Exponent=1.0

Inner Cone Angle=90.00

Outer Cone Angle=120.00

- save the file and there you go!

- 60 is an value which is okay for me, you can adjust to your taste. Nice effect: the lower the value, the higher the FPS!!!!

- you can do this with any fx-file inside this folder with an -E.fx ending.

Happy easter,

Regards Thomas!!

Edited by tom_m

Many thanks for your findings and sharing it with us Tom...

On 4/18/2019 at 12:21 PM, tom_m said:

Hi there,

I've got good news because I found a post at the supportforum of simmershome.de (thanks to member Artox67) in which was described how to adjust the strenght of dynamic lightning on the "professional" airports of Aerosoft.

This is the solution:

- go to the installation folder of the airport (e.g. F:\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional)

- folder "effects"

- search for files with an "-E" at the end (e.g. AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E.fx)

- open them with editor

- edit the number in red:

[ParticleAttributes.0]

Color Start=65, 62, 30, 0

Color End=252, 241, 190, 60//120 the 60 is the new number, the //120 is inactive (just a reminder of the old value)

Bounce=0.00

X Scale Goal=0.00

Y Scale Goal=0.00

Z Scale Goal=0.00

Falloff Exponent=1.0

Inner Cone Angle=90.00

Outer Cone Angle=120.00

- save the file and there you go!

- 60 is an value which is okay for me, you can adjust to your taste. Nice effect: the lower the value, the higher the FPS!!!!

- you can do this with any fx-file inside this folder with an -E.fx ending.

Happy easter,

Regards Thomas!!

Doesnt seem to apply to orbx airports. Where do I tone down KSAN???? thx

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.