Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AddonOrganizer 1.28 updated

Hello @ll,

P4AO has been updated to 1.28 b03.

1. This version will now show the entries of "dll.xml" and "exe.xml" on the "other addons" tab too.

Be mindful that, generally speaking, there should not be a DLL.XML or EXE.XML in "\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3/4\". Those files have been moved to "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3/4" a long time ago. 

2. Starting with this version, the uninstaller will remove the local property files, to avoid P4AO getting stuck and not starting any more. Once you have installed 1.28 b03, if P4AO refuses to open, just uninstall then reinstall.

Best regards

• Upvote 3

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the update. Regarding the dll.xml, any harm if it is in \AppData\....? I have one there with the entries for e.g. ASN and FSUIPC. I have an empty one in \ProgramData\....

Would it make sense to move the file from one location to the other?

Hans

Thanks for the update Oliver!  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

17 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Thanks for the update. Regarding the dll.xml, any harm if it is in \AppData\....? I have one there with the entries for e.g. ASN and FSUIPC. I have an empty one in \ProgramData\....

Would it make sense to move the file from one location to the other?

Hi, 

no this is not a problem as long as the sim still reads them. On the contrary, there is a high probability that the addon in question will check for that entry, and if it isn't there, it may re-create it. For example UT Live is one of those candidates, not with these two files, but with simobjects.cfg.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

sorry about that, but I had a feeling I should do one more.

P4AO has been updated again to 1.28 b04. I have changed the backup logic to include ALL cfg/xml configuration files from "AppData\Roaming\...", "ProgramData\..." and all of the "add-on.xml" definitions.

Don't be alarmed when the backup ZIP looks empty when viewing it with Windows Explorer. That is because the ZIP contains the full path information, starting with "C:\" - the explorer can't handle that. To view such a file you need 7-ZIP or a similar tool. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

phew....I've just checked and I have both is both locations with different entries, so no issues then?

So, how does/would this effect the load order(exe)  into the SIM?

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

1 hour ago, alpha117 said:

phew....I've just checked and I have both is both locations with different entries, so no issues then?

So, how does/would this effect the load order(exe)  into the SIM?

Thanks

Hi,

No issues that I know of. I have that too on my devel system. Too much trying out all kinds of things I guess. I think that for example FSUIPC goes in AppData by default.

Sequence: not 100% sure, but I think that the \AppData\Local files are loaded first.

The fun part is, that with those add-on.xml files, developers wouldn't even have to bother with the exe.xml or dll.xml. But to each their own.

Best regards

LORBY-SI