Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

15 years ago today....

15 years ago today, as luck would have it...I finished and uploaded my 2nd repaint to Avsim (The 1st one lost to the hack of the site years ago, but still available elsewhere).

It's hard to believe I've been painting this long...I still remember my 1st paint taking about 3 months to finish!

It was an Alaska MD80 for FS2002 (the latest and greatest sim at the time).

Maybe I should paint Alaska on this slightly updated version of the MD as a tribute to my career as a painter?  :)

g5bhz4.jpg

• Upvote 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Maybe I should paint Alaska on this slightly updated version of the MD as a tribute to my career as a painter?  :)

g5bhz4.jpg

YES! Save me the trouble!  Then we can go fly the state together some more!

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

37 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

YES! Save me the trouble!  Then we can go fly the state together some more!

I'm hoping we see a paintkit soon.....not going to attempt  any paints by scrubbing the texture maps. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve any chance for a American repaint in the new colors? I know they don’t have it on their aircraft but I think it would look pretty cool. Thanks 

Richie Walsh

And still standing strong... Congrats Steve! :)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

The 1st one lost to the hack of the site years ago

You know, at one time Tom found and put up an archive of the posts on this site from before that hack.  I know it went back to at least 1998 when Sierra's Pro Pilot was released because I was able to find and read some of my old posts.  Wonder if it still exists?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I love seeing others giving of their time and talents so freely.  Nice going Steve!

Oh... different squadron, but from me to you... the aircraft I flew on during my hiatus from the submarine force... PATWING5, VP44, CAC5.

n3JOeat.png

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the comments guys!  It's been a journey.

Hey Dave, I was ASW ....but a rotorhead.  SH-3s on the east coast.  P-3s flew over my house every day when I was stationed at NAS JAX.  (VP-30 ya' know) :wink:

Hey Frank, have not followed the news after the hack, all I know is that I had to re-upload all my repaints, and with all the preview pics I include that you have to manually upload, I got tired of re-uploading after about 80 or so repaints.  Anyway I knew my repaints were uploaded to another site that a well-meaning set of individuals did, so I knew they were available if people wanted them.

Hey Richie,  I imagine someone will cover some fictionals as more paints start to show up from some of the community's painters.  I'm only looking to do a few on this model.

Hey Brian, sounds good!

Thanks Rune!

Vital, we've been at this since the beginning of flightsim time, LOL...good to see you're still with us!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg