Sign in to follow this  
jeansy

F50 repaints

36 minutes ago, jeansy said:

that should be an easy fix

when you paste/copy  them into the f50 lite folder, open one of the Carenado supplied paints and copy the file texture.cfg and then paste  the new texture.cfg into my repaint folders overwriting the pre-existing file

the new texture.cfg file will tell your sim to use the lower vc textures in the folder texture in the lite folder, the file in my paints are directing them to use the textures in the normal f50 folder

Thanks.

I wish everything in life would be that easy to fix! :)

4 hours ago, jeansy said:

that should be an easy fix

when you paste/copy  them into the f50 lite folder, open one of the Carenado supplied paints and copy the file texture.cfg and then paste  the new texture.cfg into my repaint folders overwriting the pre-existing file

Please correct me if I am wrong but if, for example, you copy the texture.cfg file from Carenado's Texture.1 which reads

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Carenado F50\texture.Common
fallback.2=..\..\Carenado F50\Texture.1

do you not need to change Texture.1 on the last line to Texture.XXX where XXX is the new texture that you are installing?

This is what I have done for the Aer Lingus F50

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\..\Carenado F50\Texture.EI-FKF

Am I doing it incorrectly??

Bill

20 hours ago, scianoir said:

Please correct me if I am wrong but if, for example, you copy the texture.cfg file from Carenado's Texture.1 which reads

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\..\Carenado F50\Texture.1

do you not need to change Texture.1 on the last line to Texture.XXX where XXX is the new texture that you are installing?

This is what I have done for the Aer Lingus F50

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\..\Carenado F50\Texture.EI-FKF

Am I doing it incorrectly??

Bill

bill no need to edit the texture.cfg

just place the repaint folder in the F50 lite folder, then open  the folder (lets say texture.1)

copy the file texture.cfg from that folder and then place it into which ever repaint of mine and overwrite the 1 that was supplied in my  texture folder

Im guessing Ive deleted the lite folder as I only use the standard model, so its hard for me to see how the lite folder layout is

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

29 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Im guessing Ive deleted the lite folder as I only use the standard model, so its hard for me to see how the lite folder layout is

Thanks for clarifying that Matt.

What confused me was the fact that the last line of the texture.cfg in each of the default F50_LITE texture folders appears to reference the texture for that particular aircraft as I gave in the example above for Texture.1, so I assumed I would need to change Texture.1 to Texture.X to reflect the texture in question.

Anyway your advice makes converting them to Lite textures a little easier!

Many thanks again for your help with this and for all the great repaints,

Bill

Bill if i get a chance tonight i will reinstall the f50 and have a look at whats needed for the lite version, like i said i always delete the lite folders to save space on my rapidily filling sim Hard drive

Trying to work by speculation could take a bit longer if i just reinstall it and see what is needed i can give you the directions striaght off

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

10 hours ago, jeansy said:

Bill if i get a chance tonight i will reinstall the f50 and have a look at whats needed for the lite version, like i said i always delete the lite folders to save space on my rapidily filling sim Hard drive

Trying to work by speculation could take a bit longer if i just reinstall it and see what is needed i can give you the directions striaght off

Matt just to save you the trouble of having to reinstall it, if you would prefer not to, the only differences in terms of the default liveries appear to be:

1. The texture folders for the individual liveries in the LITE version do not include the four CAFC.....dds files that are present in the 'full fat' version.

2. The texture.cfg in the LITE version is of the format

[fltsim]

fallback.2=..\..\Carenado F50\Texture.X (where 'X' is the suffix on the relevant Texture folder)

3. The aircraft.cfg in the LITE version has the word LITE included on the title line, the ui_type line and ui_variation line as in this example of the Alliance livery:

[fltsim.3]
title=Carenado F50 Alliance LITE
sim=F50
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=3
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=VH-FPC
ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
ui_type=F50 LITE
ui_typerole="Twin Engine TurboProp"
ui_createdby="Carenado"
ui_variation=Alliance LITE
description=
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_id_color=0000000000
visual_damage=3

Hope this helps!

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Sorry I ran out of time tonight,

based on what you have posted, im assuming there is no folder in the lite folder called "texture.common" only?

I can kinda see whats going on, but i want to make sure that i dont miss anything

the texture.cfg you posted will work if you place my paints in the non lite f50 folder, however if you place my paints in the lite folder you wont need the second line

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

1 hour ago, SquawkModeCharlie said:

love it!, be prepared for the people who'll think this is supposed to be 'real' :biggrin:

Thank you

i find I normally get the other type of responses, thats not the correct aircraft or scheme or a colour shade is one bee's d!ck off, or that decal needs to be  01.55636% larger or something 

all white noise to me

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

2 hours ago, jeansy said:

Sorry I ran out of time tonight,

based on what you have posted, im assuming there is no folder in the lite folder called "texture.common" only?

I can kinda see whats going on, but i want to make sure that i dont miss anything

the texture.cfg you posted will work if you place my paints in the non lite f50 folder, however if you place my paints in the lite folder you wont need the second line

There is no texture.common folder in the F50_LITE folder only in the non lite F50 folder.

Yes, I placed your paints in the non lite F50 folder when I first installed them because at that stage I had not figured out the structure of the F50_LITE folder. The paint files for the default liveries are only in the non lite folder so I followed the same system with the addon paints but, as you say, you could place the dds files in the lite folder if you wish.

Bill