Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Auto Throttle Not Working

Is there a trick to get the Auto Throttle to work. When it is engaged it blows right through the airspeed bug.

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Is there a trick to get the Auto Throttle to work. When it is engaged it blows right through the airspeed bug.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to help but you need to read the manual.  The Maddog is a very counter intuitive aircraft that requires a lot of attention and you need to read on how the aircraft is going to act.  Jumping into this aircraft and not knowing how to truly operate it is going to easily lead to a situation like this.  I'm assuming your talking about right after takeoff and not using VNAV.  You'll need to ensure that CL is selected on the TRP, if that doesn't get the aircraft out of CLMP you'll need to select EPR LIM.  Once your cleaning up the aircraft you'll have to either keep increase the V/S or select IAS MACH to hold a speed reference for Pitch.  This itself won't limit the aircraft overspeeding but it will Command the Pitch bars to increase their pitch to maintain the selected value.  If you fail to folow the pitch bars you're just going to overspeed at Climb Thrust.  If you plan on leveling, just select SPD on the Autothrotle side of the panel and Speed will take over.  Ensure you always check the FMA to determine the aircraft is operating the way you selected.  Remember the MCP is your wishlist, the FMA is reality.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hi all,

There are about 10 Maddog X tutorial movies on youtube.

No 1 Tutorial link:

For the other ones Google is your friend.
Regards and succes
Jo va Bra