Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

Aerosoft CRJ current status?

It's been a while since the rather contentious release. So what's the current situation: mostly fixed? Still a mess? Somewhere in between? Recommended or not?

Would love to have a regional jet in my collection, but not one that can't fly in a straight line...

James

It still can't quite fly in a straight line among other things, but now that 4.2 is out they have said an update to the CRJ is undergoing testing. Hopefully that solves its issues as I would really like to have it back in my hangar probably much like many other owners of the CRJ.

Mine is still in the hangar until the LNAV, heading select, straight line issues are resolved.

Hope it’s sooner rather than later.  I would certainly enjoy flying a reliable RJ.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Some modification of opinions. I had a flight a few days ago, planned it down to a 't' with PAX weights cargo, fuel etc. Imported the plan from SimBrief. Flew beautifully....until I hit the GS to capture and it took off the wrong away. I disengaged AP and flew it in by hand which it does do well. A couple of days later I try another flight and while it followed the LNAV for about 10 km it would not engage the next WPT. Despite engaging and disengaging the AP and LNAV button it had a mind of its own. So I would avoid this plane until the reports come back with better review. AVSIM review even indicates glidescope capture issues from time to time. But fly it long enough and the plane will have a mind of it's own.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I haven't had any LNAV issues over my past few flights, but I have had a few that ended in CTD's when in range of the arrival airport.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I've had no issues with LNAV, VNAV, CTD. Aside from my lack of skills without an auto throttle, this model has been outstanding. On my first tutorial flight, I did see some of what you guys have been describing, but after I updated the planes database via Navigraph, it's been perfect. I do try to keep all of my navaids, mag dev, etc. up to date. I suppose if you haven't done the same, that could cause some of the problems you've been seeing.Being from Atlanta, it's great having a short hop Delta CRJ to fly around the south east!

• Upvote 1

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I also do not have any LNAV issues nor CTDs honestly. After last update LNAV was far better. Regarding the straight line flying which might be related to LNAV fixes done, winds do play a lot of part. Significant lateral winds would definitely result in LNAV line not remaining straight.

Regards

Prayog

• Upvote 1

Same here, no relevant LNAV problems. Maybe there is still room for adjustments, it is not perfect in case of waypoints very close together. But the real AP isn't perfect either. 

Very enjoyable plane when treated correctly.

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 minute ago, mikealpha said:

Same here, no relevant LNAV problems. Maybe there is still room for adjustments, it is not perfect in case of waypoints very close together. But the real AP isn't perfect either. 

Very enjoyable plane when treated correctly.

Mike

Not true at all, I learned how to fly the CRJ properly via the manual to the tea and the CRJ Nav still acted haywire. 

CRJ Status? Broken, worthless, and complete and utter waste of $. 

2 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Not true at all, I learned how to fly the CRJ properly via the manual to the tea and the CRJ Nav still acted haywire. 

maybe post a flight plan here, so could try to reproduce it.  Some info where you got the haywire would be useful as well.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Actually I have been pretty happy with this aircraft....have yet to explore VNAV but LNAV is fine for me.

Dave

• Upvote 1

I get CTDs when using the PFD and ND pop-ups. Very frustrating...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

After doing several flights in a row, the lnav does seem to become problematic and doesn’t always go to the next waypoint. I’ve had it turning in circles  until I interfere before.

Orman