Sign in to follow this  
Maverick24

P3D v3 after repairing instalation Win10

Hi all,

can someone share experience of function P3D after repair instalation of Win10? I had a "infinite logo turning loop" during boot and I try to decide what kind of repair I should choose. I really dont want to reinstall whole simulator with all addons again, so I would like to try everything to avoid that.

If I choose repair instalation = everything stays on its place, can I run P3D?

Thanks to all

Jiri

You state you want to do a "repair installation of Windows 10".  What is that?  Never heard of a repair installation.  In fact, there is no option for a repair installation but some sites call it a repair.  You can do a Windows reset and it will save all of your personal files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options.  I have done a Windows 10 reset and it will wipe out P3D and all add-on's (but if you have add-on.xml's, I suspect those will show up after you reinstall P3D).  I would not recommend it.  At the beginning of my Windows 10 Reset, it stated I would have to reinstall 6 apps.  None affected my installation of FSX and P3D.  After the reset, it stated I had to completely reinstall P3D and most of my addons, and just FSX/Acceleration.  But it was wrong as FSX did not work and it would not allow me to install Acceleration as it stated I needed FSX to be installed (but the document they provide after you do a Windows Reset said I didn't have to reinstall FSX.  Just Acceleration).  I ended up reinstalling everything.  I should have just wiped everything off of my drives and started all over again as it does not work as advertised.  Might be better if you made an image of all of your drives first but I have never tried that and I cannot see how that would work.  The key is the registry.  They wipe almost everything out.

Since you just have a startup problem, I would try using Tweaking.com's Windows Repair as suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide - http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.  It is freeware but recommend getting the one for one PC.  It was supposedly developed by Microsoft Techs and is constantly updated.  Just to let you know it did not work for me when I had my problem.  My problem was the fact I could not install my NVidia 1080TI video card drivers.  It always stated it failed and I would have to do a system restore to get back the drivers I had before.  Why NVidia cannot figure out how to fix this issue is beyond my comprehension.  I personally think they have no desire to please their customer base as they have too many sales and they can't keep up with the demand.  So, I had no other option left other than to continue to use system restore in the even my drivers failed.

So, bottom line, Windows 10 Reset.  No P3D and most P3D addons.  Tweaking.coms Windows Repair (if it fixes it), everything stays in place and P3D and all of your addons will still be available with reinstalling.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10