Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Cessna 340 Makeover V1.0

This airplane was a fairly early Carenado release and has had its share of mods and updates over the years.  I decided to take a look and found a lot of potential in this older simulation.  Here is a summary.

1.  The mod emulates the 335 HP RAM Series VI.

http://www.ramaircraft.com/Aircraft-Engine-Upgrade-Packages/Performance/340A-Performance/SM038C4-340A-Performance.htm

It includes RAM MP gauges, Tachometers, and of course, the eye-popping RAM performance.

Yb201fU.jpg

2.  The pressurization is fixed.  It now initializes at field elevation + approx. 500 feet instead of 24,000 feet. 

3.  The Hall Reduced Thrust Detection system has been reworked to operate in accordance with its patent (Company is now defunct and I haven't been able to find any documentation other than the patent, which is included).  The Carenado version didn't address the intent of the system. 

4.  The panel has been reworked to use either the F1 GTN 650s or the default Carenado GNS 430s.  Adjustments to night lighting on both panels.  New ADF for both panels.  New Digital Transponder for the GTN panel. 

ZgI6X5b.jpg

deQ9Wb5.jpg

5.  MAJOR changes to weight and balance.  I don't really know how the thing flew with the default setup.  Both the CG and the CoL was well behind the wing.  Along with that came some pretty serious changes to the FDE.  Minor changes to contact points.  

6.  Reworked King KFC-200 Autopilot to conform with its operating manual (included).  Yaw Damper switch added to Autopilot pop-up.

7.  Integration for the REX/MILVIZ WxAdvantage Radar

8.  Default sound file reworked to operate with constant speed props.  Additional sound file I cobbled together included, also.

9.  The normal optional throttle and prop matching algorithm.

10.  SHADIN fuel flow gauge now works with both engines. 

69MgCWp.jpg

Requirements:

1. The mod will require FSUIPC

2.  The major changes to the aircraft.cfg and .air files precludes this mod from living in the same folder with the default Carenado C340.  Instructions will include building an entire new airplane folder. 

3.  The mod was built and tested with P3Dv4.1, F1 GTN Complete, and the default Carenado GNS430.  It may work otherwise, I just haven't tested it. 

I hope to finish up this weekend.  Those of you already on the mailing list will receive the mod by email.  If you want to try it out, PM me an email address with your request.

Happy Flying!

Edited by whamil77
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Bill, 

Thanks for this; looking forward to it. If I recall, I believe Carenado actually modelled the C340 fuel system correctly (e.g. Tips=Mains). Can you confirm? 

Thanks Bill for your modifications on this older Carenado aircraft. Will have to dig it out of my hangar when your mods are made available.

Sounds very promising, Bill! Thanks a lot. I look forward to taking the „new“ ´340 out of the hangar again!

Felix

Thanks Bill.

I will be looking forward to receiving your mod. The aircraft is not installed as I found it unflyable in the default state. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

"The C340 mod isn't available yet, is it? I don't see it on email."

"...I hope to finish up this weekend..."

-Disregard, sorry. 

Will be interesting to try this out when available.  It is a nicely appointed 6 seater.  Will have to pull my 340 from the back corner of the hangar, do the mods, and fly it again.  It got blocked into the back of the hangar by another 6 seater, the Real Air Turbine Duke V2. 

I have mods for the 340 that put a single RXP GTN 750 in the panel along with an RXP WX500 weather radar.  My 2D popup for the GTN 750 is a stack that includes a Bendix King KFC225 autopilot under it.  

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

God Bless You, BILL!!!! This is my favorite old Carenado a/c. We had one in the family for a number of years, but you're right about the default CG!

Thank you for making this; I am so excited!

:-)

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, whamil77 said:

Mod is in the air.  Check your inboxes. 

This sounds interesting. How do I receive the mod?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 2/22/2018 at 7:27 PM, whamil77 said:

1. The mod will require FSUIPC

Require the standard (free) edition of FSUIPC or the purchase version?

Thanks,

Greg