Sign in to follow this  
Meekg

[23 FEB 18] Post Release notes and Hotfix

Gentlemen,

the release went relatively smoothly, with the great majority of customers experiencing no issue.
Unfortunately a very small number of customers experienced bugs that rendered the Maddog unusable.
I personally understand your frustration as I had gone through the same experience in the past with a very famous product; it took months before I could use it.

Good news is, we have submitted a new build to our beta group with the following fixes:

- Load Manager problems in certain Windows locations. 
- Stuck brakes in certain version of FSX. 
- We added the possibility to disable RealLight in P3D 4.1/4.2, and have a ‘FSX style’ panel lightning (no light dimming), that will help users with older GPUs improving performance.

Some of the customers who have opened a ticket for those issues will be contacted today to try the hotfix on their system.
During this weekend this hotfix will probably go live on simMarket for all customers.

Thanks for your patience, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are doing all we can working around the clock to allow you to fly your Maddog as soon as possible.

Regards

Edited by Meekg
  • Upvote 5

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Nice.

I'm not experiencing any problems myself, and I'm really enjoying your product.

Glad to see you guys going the extra mile with this update so soon after the release.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Thanks, it will be a separate hotfix or need to reinstall?

Regards

• Upvote 2

Thank you for  working on the problem, brake issue in my opinion most important. See it on my point of view thats true, but this is an issue that makes the software not usuable, all others are fine tuning things for a proper operation. Helping people with low end hardware is fine, but a bit in everyones personal choice to buy modern software for FSX with an old system. A little risky.

Hopefully there will be a soon solution for all problems.

Peter

Any chance we will see general performance increases in this hotfix. Not just those related to reallight?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

@Meekg Thanks for the great release.

Could you also address the flicking cockpit lights, most likely due to running SLI?

Best Regards,

Xander Leegsma

7 hours ago, Xstasus said:

@Meekg Thanks for the great release.

Could you also address the flicking cockpit lights, most likely due to running SLI?

If you reported it via the support ticket we will look into it.

At the moment we are prioritizing and addressig the few bugs that makes the aircraft unusable.

Once we have it stable we will be happy to slowly go through all the other relatively smaller issues.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

3 hours ago, Meekg said:

If you reported it via the support ticket we will look into it.

At the moment we are prioritizing and addressig the few bugs that makes the aircraft unusable.

Once we have it stable we will be happy to slowly go through all the other relatively smaller issues.

agree, need SLI on 4k with 2X1080TI i have a GPU usage of  up to 95% on both GPUs with single 1080TI it bottleneck and the frames drop to the 20fps range it hold 30fps (run vsync 20hz) with SLI.

Hope that you have Beta testers that Run SLI

Edited by westman

I have the flickering and high gpu usage with two 1080’s in SLI.

Fps is great but big pauses ecery 10-25 seconds.

Darren Howie

Howzit!

Any news on the Hotfix?

Would be nice if someone can loosen the brakes before the weekend ends :) 

Cheers on a great aircraft.... (on the ground so far - hehe)

just got a e-mail from simmarket about an update of the maddog!

Will test it now!!

PIREP is coming.

Hi all

I've just downloaded the instaler as instructed in the e-mail recived from Simmarket (or so I guess). New clean instalation but brakes stuck again. The version of the installer is the same tan the former: 2.0.0.44.

I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what. Would apretiate some help.

Best regards

Paco

Edited by pacoge

9 hours ago, pacoge said:

Hi all

I've just downloaded the instaler as instructed in the e-mail recived from Simmarket (or so I guess). New clean instalation but brakes stuck again. The version of the installer is the same tan the former: 2.0.0.44.

I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what. Would apretiate some help.

Best regards

Paco

Please follow what’s written in case the hotfix didn’t work and you will get all the required help.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

On 24.2.2018 at 8:50 AM, westman said:

agree, need SLI on 4k with 2X1080TI i have a GPU usage of  up to 95% on both GPUs with single 1080TI it bottleneck and the frames drop to the 20fps range it hold 30fps (run vsync 20hz) with SLI.

Hope that you have Beta testers that Run SLI

I have had the same problem. Also running two GTX cards in SLI. I had very good FPS initially, but all lights in the cockpit was flickering. I managed to control this by adusting the light switches up and down a few times until I found a spot where the lights stopped to flicker.

I bought SimTweaks PTA and installed a preset. This absolutely killed my PFS. 3 FPS. Just guessing, but PTA messes with the RealLight cockpit lights which already has an issue with my SLI set up.

My fix: PTA set back to original P3D shaders. Uninstalled Maddog (the first version, have not tried the updated one). Remember to press RESET (activation) in the load manager first. Deleted all saved Maddog flights from P3Dv4.2. Uninstalled P3D Client (when asked, do not tick yes to cancel P3D registration). Restart PC. Install Client. Install Madog. Tried to activate, got error message. Restarted PC, activation OK.

This makes sure your shaders are set to original shaders. The Client update is straight forward and creates no problems. Maddog is now back with frames 50-60, but the same issue with flickering cockpit lights. I have not tried the updated Maddog yet.

Pretty sure PTA presets are bad for us with SLI. Maybe they can be used if any cockpit presets are not enabled, but I’m not taking the risk.

Good luck!